RE: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Yugo America

  • Daniel Hopkins
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 30 9:23 PM
    • 11 KB
    HI Bill: It has been a very long time since i wrote you,and a few more surgeries, I swear the more they chop on me the more i hurt. Any way i saw the new Honda that is supposed to be on the market for 2012,on ( A THING FOR CARS )the honda LG7 is supposed to get 80 mpg, and the Honda REANI is supposed to get 90mpg, with a real motor,and technology that should have been used back in the 70's & 80's When the k cars were getting 40mpg and the geo metro was getting 60mpg, and Renault was getting 40+  ..If they started back then when we knew that cars could get that many mpg ,but the big 3 wouldnt allow them to be built,We wouldn't be in the oil and gas problems that we are in today, Just a bit of wishing and pondering.... ****Danno

    To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
    From: billschul_z@...
    Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:34:30 -0700
    Subject: Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Yugo America

    Thanks, Art. You really know how to strip the icing off things and get down to the crappy cake that's under it! Like giving up driving, Saturn not going to be worth crappy cake, etc.

    But GIVE you the 145? Over my dead body.... Oops... didn't really mean to say that. Let's not rush things or do anything rash, 'K?

    wjs... Leesburg, FL

    Message 45 of 45 , May 4, 2011
      No I didn't lower the front but by lowering the rear level with the front changed it allot.Maybe someday I will lower the front but I need to get a set of extra springs just in case I don't like the effect.The rear was lowered by using longer bolt with nuts.Very simple and cost penny's to do.

      From: Bill Schulz <billschul_z@...>
      To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 29, 2011, 9:21 AM

      C'mon, Art, I've been driving these puppies since 1988 I bought three new ones in an eighteen month period... number two, the red one, got glommed by a pine tree at the ripe old age of less than forty-five hundred miles! Boo-HOO! I know that it's no piece o' cake to get twixt engine and firewall bulkhead without using a lift. As mentioned, the '88 GVL had air and, as I've maintained all my cars essentially since 1958, I know what a jam-fit the compressor makes in that itty-bitty, hard-to-get-to cavity. And changing belts? Grrrrrr!

      But, if you say it can be done with reasonable ease, I guess I'm willing to give it a shot.

      I just mentioned to wifie that I'd like to keep this car 'til I croak and she didn't bat an eye. I wonder if she's got plans to speed up that process, croaking that is. Hmmmm. She does do all the cookin'. I'm just the mixicoligist! ("One more round, Will!")

      Now comes the problem... do we trade the Saturn wagon on a New 500? Or are we in for three... tho' that makes no sense. It's still a nice driving cruiser and we just got 35.7 MPH on a 500 mile round trip up into GA and it is a pleasure to drive. It took me years to get the front end dialed-in to just exactly where I want it but it now tracks like it's on rails and goes where I will it to be! In short, I was able to make it very FIAT-like.

      Or do we forgo the new car and use some of the twenty grand we'd have to spend for it to do a really intense refurb on the 145... er, Yugo?

      Decisions, decisions, decisions.

      wjs... Leesburg, FL

      From: yugoparts <orionyugo@...>
      Subject: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Yugo America
      To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, April 25, 2011, 5:05 PM

      we may finally after 16 years be able to buy the 1.3 million Yugo America parts inventory. to cover this, we need to sell engines, transmissions, a/c kits etc from the warehouse to lower shipping costs back to Texas.

      i am asking for commitments from the yugo groups about what they will buy. if you are interested in new engines, trans, or a/c kits, etc. please email me at yugo @ yugoparts.com.

      considering the number of yugo's left, some may question why i would make this huge. (13,000sq ft), commitment.

      i have been serving the fiat yugo community my whole life, and i do not base my descisions on wether an item sells, but on having all the parts in stock for these cars that can.

      the amount of pre sales on these parts will affect my decision wether to proceeed,

      Jay