NEED A WINDOW!!!!

  • tweetycoombs_4
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2 3:50 AM
      Hey Group,I need your help!!!! I need to find a rear side (left) passenagerwindow for my Cabrio.The window shattered when we were puttting the top down.Any and All information will be appreicated.Thanks,Clet and Pam
    • Jonathan Ranney
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2 4:52 AM

        I have heard of this happening to many different people. Even mee a
        few years ago. So before the other one broke,  I made a pair from
        polycarbonate .  Plexy.

        I used my one exzisting window as a patern, and cut it with my table
        saw. Then drilled the holes on a drill press. They are not curved but
        is doesn't matter. I was able to make the window fit better than the
        original. My two windows also needed to be a little different as the
        top fit is terrible.

        I got the material from www.mcmastercarr.com do a search for
        polycarbonate and measure the thickness you need from the original
        window. You can get several different types of material, I ordered
        the clear scratch resistant stuff. The race car windows
        (www.yugopwr.com) are made from the same stuff. The top goes up
        better now than ever, and they weigh less!

        I know your initial pain, but believe me, you are better off.

        Good luck!    Jon

        Do You Yahoo!?
      • ronald reagan
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2 6:35 AM
          This seemed to be a common problem on the Cabrio, if the top moved much at
          all from one side to another the glass would catch on the molding or bolts
          and shatter. Hopefully the new Cabrio will have some better engineering when
          it is brought to the Yugo-hungry US market :^)

        • CCDIMCC@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2 9:24 AM
            Talk to Jay over at Orion. I think he had some windows made so we could have
            spares.

            Dim
          • dieadresse
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 9, 2002
              There is a yugo cabrio in Germany for sell.
              If there is any one interrested look at www.ebay.de
            • Edsel Minton
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002

                Did a group member by any chance bid on or win this one?

                If there is any one interrested look at www.ebay.de

                Do you Yahoo!?