Re: Fiat 1100 short blocks

  • yugophile
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
      I have a fiat 1100 short block mixed with yugo parts. Everthing matched up fine. The main diff is that they use thick head bolts like a 1500 or 86 yugo, not the thinner stretchy "no re-torque" headbolts. It also had a shallower hole for the head alignment bushing so the bushing I had, kept the head gasket from sealing the first time I assembled it. I noticed the pistons were different. I remember reading somewhere that fiat made an improvement on them "for lead footed americans" that wasn't passed on to yugo. Couldn't tell if the fiat ones were any better, just different. Wonder what serial # that change was made if anyone has heard of it.
      Jeff