Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] FREE PARTS

  • Forrest Bentham
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hi,
       I appreciate the clarification but certainly not the insinuation of 'disgust' - it's not uncommon for people who are enthusiasts of a particular kind of unique car like the Yugo to donate time to keep cars across the globe on the road. Although it's completely understandable that the poster has neither the time nor will to ship excess parts at the recipient's expense, it's not unheard of to enquire. I'm sure you'd find that there are plenty of people - myself included - who would put in a little personal time to prevent important components of limited existence into good hands before having them lost forever for pennies of scrap change.

       Your response is unappreciated and uncalled for. There's no harm in clarifying that the original poster doesn't want to spend time to ship, but I really don't feel your tone of 'disgust' is appropriate for a community of friends whose sole purpose for existence is to band together to keep these little cars going strong.
    • daveyugo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 1, 2010
        not meant to offend you just make it clear

        In a message dated 7/1/2010 8:14:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, forrestbentham@... writes:

[...]

      • dave dutton
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hello Dave,

          Are you serving hot dogs and sodas?

          Now take it easy fella and don't get all het up,

          These parts are important as the cars and parts caches diminish and they parts and cars are becoming more so with each moving/closing/retirement of another source.  Dave Yugo here has carried the torch on the East Coast a while.  Anyone else?

          Many on this list don't realize that some very vital parts for our Yugo cars must come in through Jay at Orion and other like importers.  Support him.

          I in CO and I have a bunch of similarly (not) valuable new and used parts.  Jay at OTP can't afford to get my parts to TX.  Does someone want to come and get them?  I can offer the same deal of some of my Yugo parts.   I will get rid of them cheap and free but I won't ship them unless compensated.

          Just to make it CLEAR at my house I have many YUGO parts come and get them FREE.

          I will be here, in NJ, through the weekend.

          Call 623 570 6263

          be well,
          Dave Dutton

        • Jonathan Ranney
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 1, 2010
            There are allot of us that have been sitting on vast parts resources do to a shrinking market place. I for one would like to move on, but can't bring my self to throw this stuff away.  So there you go. Texas, New Jersey, Colorado or Vermont, take your pick, take a vacation and bring a truck.

            One should never interpret 'tone' in an email. Arnold is one of the nicest Yugo folks around I can assure you.

            Jon,
            Buried in Vt under Yugo parts.

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 1, 2010

              does anyone on here know if the rack&pinnion is part of the inner tirod ends? i have a 88 yugo gvx and it is in bad need of some inner tirod ends. and i dont know where to get them

              To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 1, 2010
                it's part of the rack

                To: yugounitedgvowners2 @yahoogroups. com

                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 1, 2010
                  ok. if its part of the rack where can i get one. for a decent price?

                  To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
                  From: daveyugo@...
                  Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:10:29 -0400
                  Subject: Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] rac&pinnion

                  it's part of the rack

                  To: yugounitedgvowners2 @yahoogroups. com

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 2, 2010
                    Can be removed from the rack, in the car.

                  • Sykes1
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 2, 2010

                      Thank You Jon  Look everyone, I didn't mean anything over-toned or malicious, but merely noting an observation of the human condition that now looking back and especially thinking of the economic situation out there forcing people to scramble any which way they can, I should have kept my observations to myself.  In actuality, I was merely messing around, but my messing around obviously pinched some nerves.  I'm in the same ship as everyone else with our Yugos and all the other crap we are silently dealing with day by day that the establishment has and continues to plan for us.  I want to mention an analogy pertaining to the previous sentence that might seem as if I jumped the track and that is we must stick together as Yugo enthusiasts and friends, but we must also do the same (stick together) to slow down and eventually halt the barrage of salvos coming from the aforementioned that we are ducking every minute that we created by just letting it happen because no one wants or wanted to speak up and stand up.  Everyone have a good Forth of July Holiday and try not to worry too much about the important things until the next business day which for most will be next Tuesday the 6th (I'm one that unfortunately can't).

                      PS: This is just a brief philosophy lesson from a burned out ex-educator for this day of July 2, 2010.

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 2, 2010
                        Describe how you diagnosed the problem. A lot of up and down movement in the right side of the rack and tie rod is a repairable situation.
                        Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

                         Visit   www.wvaanne.com   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 2, 2010
                          well i have good brakes and good shocks and new ball joints and new outer tirod ends. and no bushings need replaced. and one of my inner tirod ends is bent. so i know i need atleast one new one.

                          To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
                          From: pro4art@...
                          Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 05:13:02 -0700

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 2, 2010
                            we went to the auto parts shows in Italy years ago, and not one manufacturer makes the inner tie rod. believe me, we tried to get them for you.

                            all the ones you see on ebay, or fiat x1/9 ones etc, are wrong.
                            the newer types screw onto a small steering rack threaded rod, the yugo ones thread onto a hollow rod. old technology. i wonder if people take the racks apart and it is not the "hockey puck" part number 1024664 that realy wear out. we have all the parts except the inner rod.
                            see http://www.yugoparts.com/yugoparts/STEERINGCOLUMN.htm on the internet or in our catalog.

                            we sold one rack today, and have one left. we brought in 6 racks on 8/4/9 from Italy, and have sold all but one. as you can imagine, shipping on racks from Italy is quite expensive, so we are studying weather to bring more in.

                            Thanks
                            Jay
                            yugoparts.com

                            --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, daveyugo@... wrote:

                            > it's part of the rack
                            >

                            > In a message dated 7/1/2010 6:58:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                            > mrmichaelcross@... writes:
                            >

                            > does anyone on here know if the rack&pinnion is part of the inner tirod
                            > ends? i have a 88 yugo gvx and it is in bad need of some inner tirod ends.
                            > and i dont know where to get them

                            > ____________________________________
                            > To: yugounitedgvowners2 To: yugou
                            > From: fiatpwr@...
                            > Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:13:11 -0700
                            > Subject: Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwnersSubject: Re:
                            >

                            > There are allot of us that have been sitting on vast parts resources
                            > do to a shrinking market place. I for one would like to move on, but can't
                            > bring my self to throw this stuff away. So there you go. Texas, New Jersey,
                            > Colorado or Vermont, take your pick, take a vacation and bring a truck.
                            >
                            > One should never interpret 'tone' in an email. Arnold is one of the nicest
                            > Yugo folks around I can assure you.
                            >
                            > Jon,
                            > Buried in Vt under Yugo parts.

                          • Sykes1
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 3, 2010
                              Just thinking out loud about such parts as this latest round of inner tie rod ends - there's going to be a point if not already now for some parts, where we are going to have to seek out a machinist to replicate items such as this as needed.  My cousin's husband is a retired machinist who has some rare antique cars and if he can't find an item, he just makes it.  Just food for thought.

                              To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
                              From: pro4art@...
                              Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 05:13:02 -0700

                              Describe how you diagnosed the problem. A lot of up and down movement in the right side of the rack and tie rod is a repairable situation.
                              Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

                               Visit   www.wvaanne.com   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

                              ok. if its part of the rack where can i get one. for a decent price?

                            • DANIEL BOGUSE
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jul 3, 2010
                                Take it off and straighten it.How bent is it?

                                To: yugounitedgvowners2 @yahoogroups. com
                                From: pro4art@yahoo. com
                                Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 05:13:02 -0700

                                Message 15 of 21 , Jul 4, 2010
                                  Straighten it?

                                  NOT a good idea. The metal's been stressed and straightening it will only add another set of stresses.

                                  The last place where I want a part which might fatigue totally and fail is in the steering mechanism!

                                  wjs... Leesburg, FL
                                  FIATs since 1958, or
                                  "Some people never learn!"

                                  To: yugounitedgvowners2 @yahoogroups. com
                                  From: pro4art@yahoo. com
                                  Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 05:13:02 -0700

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jul 5, 2010
                                    That's why I asked how bent the part was.It can be straightened up to a point if its not bent that bad.There is also allot of room for adjustment if its only bent a little.

                                    To: yugounitedgvowners2 @yahoogroups. com
                                    From: pro4art@yahoo. com
                                    Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 05:13:02 -0700

                                    Describe how you diagnosed the problem. A lot of up and down movement in the right side of the rack and tie rod is a repairable situation.
                                    Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

                                     Visit   www.wvaanne. com   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

                                    ok. if its part of the rack where can i get one. for a decent price?

                                  • orionyugo
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jul 13, 2010
                                      We have one new rack left in stock for $167.98.
                                      thanks
                                      Jay
                                      www.yugoparts.com

                                      --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, DANIEL BOGUSE <rustycat97@...> wrote:

                                      > That's why I asked how bent the part was.It can be straightened up to a point if its not bent that bad.There is also allot of room for adjustment if its only bent a little.

                                    • Michael Cross
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jul 13, 2010
                                        does it come with the inner tirod ends installed?

                                        To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: orionyugo@...
                                        Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:09:37 +0000

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jul 23, 2010