Car running cold after major repairs.....

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 3, 2010
      Thanks to Jay and Matt G. I have finally completed a major overhaul of my Yugo (86 GV). I have some carb adjusting to do....auto choke is being a pain and idle is off a hair. The one main issue is the car warms up fine giving solid heat in the car and after five minutes of driving the temp drops and the car runs horrible. Come to a complete stop for five minutes it heats up again and so on! I completely changed out to a new thermostat hoses and all housing bodies. Faulty thermostat? Got it from Jay at Yugoparts.com. Weird thing is the first few days it ran fine then a overheat due to really really cold windy weather and driving over 50mph! Any ideas. Appreciate it!
    • Ben Pender
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 7, 2010
        Guys,

        Yeah, true, but most of us here don't intentionally set fire to the Yugos...

        Reminds me of the story of the guy who insured his 50 very expensive cigars.  He then made a claim saying that each one of them burned up in a series of little fires.  Shortly after the insurance company paid out, the guy was arrested and brought up on 50 counts of arson.

        Regards,
        Ben Pender
        Klassic Autos
        Vintage European Auto service, repair, and parts
        Madison, AL
        256-489-9560

        From: DANIEL BOGUSE <rustycat97@yahoo. com>
        To: yugounitedgvowners2 @yahoogroups. com
        Date: Saturday, February 6, 2010, 3:30 PM

        Why are we talking about cigarettes and not Yugo's?