where did everyone go?

  • orionyugo
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 1, 2009
      all the yugos gone. sales look that way
      Jay
    • Ben Boyle
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 1, 2009
        Honestly, here in Michigan it's been 4 years since I saw a running
        condition Yugo.

        I did see a cabrio on a car hauler this last may in Ohio however.

        I think these cars, being as old as they are, the values they have, and
        the relatively
        difficult parts situation have sort of met their course in this life. I
        know you have parts, but
        the typical person doesn't know that in the real world.
        On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:35:21 -0500, orionyugo <orionyugo@...> wrote:

        > all the yugos gone. sales look that way
        > Jay

      • tweetycoombs_4
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 1, 2009
          Here in Holly Michigan...I know of 4 yugo's 2 cabrio protypes one cabrio all restored and one 1990 GV plus with only 28 miles (and yes I said 28 miles). and some GV and GVX.. I will be selling the 2 protype in the spring...and possibly the 90 GV Plus...But I know that the yugos here are running fine..
          Pam Coombs

          --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Boyle" <ben@...> wrote:

          > Honestly, here in Michigan it's been 4 years since I saw a running
          > condition Yugo.
          >
          > I did see a cabrio on a car hauler this last may in Ohio however.
          >
          > I think these cars, being as old as they are, the values they have, and
          > the relatively
          > difficult parts situation have sort of met their course in this life. I
          > know you have parts, but
          > the typical person doesn't know that in the real world.
          > On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:35:21 -0500, orionyugo <orionyugo@...> wrote:
          >
          > > all the yugos gone. sales look that way
          > > Jay

        • David Strilich
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 1, 2009
            Don't give up guys!  I stll have 2 that I drive everyday. I have a 86 GV in Indiana with almost 100,000 miles and a Cabrio in Orlando with 38,000 miles and I have more fun with these then I do with my XKE Jaguar. For one thing my Yugo's get more attention and a lot easier to work on. In some weird way I enjoy the reverse status of owning and driving the worlds almost #1 Crap Car. Since I've owned my 86 GV which had 24,000 miles on it when I bought it from the original owner, my total cost to drive this car including the original price I paid for it, all the maintainance, insurance, taxes, gasoline etc, is now a 12.8 cents per mile. I defy you to show me any other car built in the last 30 years to even come close to that. If I used it for business and took the $.55/mile government allowance I could help our government pay off our debt.

            Honestly, here in Michigan it's been 4 years since I saw a running
            condition Yugo.

            I did see a cabrio on a car hauler this last may in Ohio however.

            I think these cars, being as old as they are, the values they have, and
            the relatively
            difficult parts situation have sort of met their course in this life. I
            know you have parts, but
            the typical person doesn't know that in the real world.
            On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:35:21 -0500, orionyugo <orionyugo@...> wrote:

            > all the yugos gone. sales look that way
            > Jay

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:yugounitedgvowners2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:yugounitedgvowners2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • John Edwards
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 1, 2009
              Just getting ready to install the 1500 in the Yugo and may need some parts, will be in touch. How about an exhaust manifold? 4-2 cast iron.

              John Edwards
              Costa Mesa R&D Automotive Machine

              From: orionyugo <orionyugo@...>
              Subject: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] where did everyone go?
              To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 9:35 AM

              all the yugos gone. sales look that way
              Jay

            • Jonathan Ranney
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 2, 2009

                My Yugo days are numbered. This winter I will be getting the Cabrio ready for sale in the spring, and sorting parts. Metal recycle, and plastic trash.

                I have lots of parts still, just no market. Good thing I have a day job. Not sure how you do it Jay.

                Jon

              • Gary Vitagliano
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 2, 2009
                  I need some cabrio parts, what do you have?
                  My Yugo days are numbered. This winter I will be getting the Cabrio ready for sale in the spring, and sorting parts. Metal recycle, and plastic trash.

                  I have lots of parts still, just no market. Good thing I have a day job. Not sure how you do it Jay.

                  Jon

                • Michael Rushing
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 2, 2009
                    I still drive mine! It has over 140k miles and have just replace the clutch and rebuilt the front-end and going for 200k! I have two runners, 0ne work in progress and a stockpile of 8 "heaps". I live in the Northland, and these cars move great through the ice and snow, Never been stuck, never off the road. My car has never been to the shop with the exception of   having the timing belt replaced. YUGO Forever! Mike

                        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/yugounited gvowners2/ join

                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 2, 2009
                      I have a few 'Cabrio' specific parts, but they will go with the car.

                      Jon

                      I need some cabrio parts, what do you have?
                      My Yugo days are numbered. This winter I will be getting the Cabrio ready for sale in the spring, and sorting parts. Metal recycle, and plastic trash.

                      I have lots of parts still, just no market. Good thing I have a day job. Not sure how you do it Jay.

                      Jon

                    • DANIEL BOGUSE
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
                        I also still drive mine as much as possible.I have an 88 GVX and I like it for the great gas mileage and the ease of driving.No matter where I go,people still are in awe of the car because you just don't see them on the road here in the midwest any more.All I really have to do is change the oil and check the tire pressures.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
                          How much for the car?

                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 4, 2009
                            It's not ready yet, but it will be in the $6000 area.

                            Jon

                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 4, 2009
                              Wow is it nice? I paid $3700 for mine

                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 5, 2009
                                It's nice. Not original. Has all the fiat sport tricks.  Maybe it's not worth that much.  Time will tell.  I haven't seen a Cabrio for sale for a while.

                                Jon

                                Message 15 of 17 , Nov 13, 2009
                                  Good guys keep it going,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm still working on my 1990 GVplus EVOLUZIONE, but I love this little cars so much, I've seen two(1w and1r) here in Orlando Florida, they looks like daly drivers, and look strong and sound, even on Hwy. I4 they go with the pack, Go YUGO go.

                                  IMS (Integrated Motor Sportz)inc. A tuta velosita!
                                  1990 YUGO EVOLUZIONE®
                                  Visit us at www.imstuning.com

                                • fontwochicken@juno.com
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Nov 13, 2009
                                    Charles, Thanks for sending me your web ad.  I to am a Yugo Guy and some day I would like to talk with you about my 1991 Yugo GV Plus with the Automatic Transmission and AC.  It has ~15,000 original miles and runs great!  Some day I would like to do something more functional in the way of performance that lets it really stand out.  Right now I have some reversable mods just to make it more driver friendly like the real late contemporary cars are.  Some people laugh and some praise it because of its pritine condition.  Yet either way, it is a blast and pleasure to drive.
                                            Thanks, Arnold at fontwochicken@...

                                    Visit us at www.imstuning. com

                                    I still drive mine! It has over 140k miles and have just replace the clutch and rebuilt the front-end and going for 200k! I have two runners, 0ne work in progress and a stockpile of 8 "heaps". I live in the Northland, and these cars move great through the ice and snow, Never been stuck, never off the road. My car has never been to the shop with the exception of   having the timing belt replaced. YUGO Forever! Mike

                                    Don't give up guys!  I stll have 2 that I drive everyday. I have a 86 GV in Indiana with almost 100,000 miles and a Cabrio in Orlando with 38,000 miles and I have more fun with these then I do with my XKE Jaguar. For one thing my Yugo's get more attention and a lot easier to work on. In some weird way I enjoy the reverse status of owning and driving the worlds almost #1 Crap Car. Since I've owned my 86 GV which had 24,000 miles on it when I bought it from the original owner, my total cost to drive this car including the original price I paid for it, all the maintenance, insurance, taxes, gasoline etc, is now a 12.8 cents per mile. I defy you to show me any other car built in the last 30 years to even come close to that. If I used it for business and took the $.55/mile government allowance I could help our government pay off our debt.

                                    Honestly, here in Michigan it's been 4 years since I saw a running
                                    condition Yugo.

                                    I did see a cabrio on a car hauler this last may in Ohio however.

                                    I think these cars, being as old as they are, the values they have, and
                                    the relatively
                                    difficult parts situation have sort of met their course in this life. I
                                    know you have parts, but
                                    the typical person doesn't know that in the real world.
                                    On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:35:21 -0500, orionyugo <orionyugo@yahoo. com> wrote:

                                    > all the yugos gone. sales look that way
                                    > Jay

                                    <*> Your email settings:
                                        Individual Email | Traditional

                                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                                        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/yugounited gvowners2/ join
                                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                                    <*> To change settings via email:
                                        mailto:yugounitedgvowners2 -digest@yahoogro ups.com
                                        mailto:yugounitedgvowners2 -fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                                        http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                                    Regis University MBA
                                    Earn your MBA from Regis University, 100% online. Free info packs!

                                  • John Edwards
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Nov 16, 2009
                                      Arnold, let me know when you are ready for mod the Yugo, I have lots of tricks that we use on the Fiat's to perk you engine right up!

                                      John Edwards
                                      Costa Mesa R&D Automotive Machine

                                      BTW, my Fiat 850 Sedan is in the January issuse of Classic Motorsports magazine, p 114.
                                         JE...