Worlds Best kept Secret

  • David Strilich
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2009
      I'm still trying to find out if anyone can actually give me a dinifitive answer to the best kept secret in the world.

      Will a standard GV windshield fit a Cabrio.  I have made a template of the glass in my Cabrio using the metal frame as the cut point for the template. When I place this on my GV windshield the template lines up with the inside of the rubber seal around the glass of the GV. It appears the Cabrio windshield is appox. 3/4"smaller around the entire perimeter. My Cabrio windshied is pitted like it was in a sand storm, however I'm afraid a glass company may crack it taking it out. If my spare GV windshield is actually larger then I'm SOL.

      Dave - Valparaiso Indiana

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2009
        Dave-

        Disclaimer-  I don't KNOW! but I can guess.

        It would make sense that the windshield opening would be smaller on the convert as the corner posts had to be beefed up for Uncle's rollover tests.

        These are laminated glass so if a hardtops glass is available, you could have any competent glass shop trim the big sucker down to size.

        Make sense?

        wjs