Re: Zastava

  • zastava.automobili
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2008
      Many thanks for the welcome!

      We've found that the site works best if entered through the preloader,
      at http://www.zastavanacionale.com

      It's a celebration of sorts, given that 2008 marks Zastava's 55th
      anniversary.

      If anyone has any questions regarding Zastava's current line-up,
      situation, etc., please pass them along!

      The question of U.S. exports comes up frequently.

      (Very) short answer: the Koral In/ In L (ameliorated Yugo) passes
      European front and side crash-test standards, but would likely require
      a new dashboard and a power hike - at the very least - in order to
      attract U.S. buyers in 2008. This was last considered back in 2002 and
      2003, when Malcolm Bricklin tried to give it another shot:

      http://zastavanacionale.com/Default.aspx?lng=en-us&mode=heritage&id=2002

      http://zastavanacionale.com/Default.aspx?lng=en-us&mode=heritage&id=2003

      Without serious investment in both the factory and the supplier
      network, it is unlikely that enough cars could be produced at a price
      point even nearly as competitive as in 1985.

      - ZastavaNacionale.com

      --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, maryroseberg <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > http://www.zastavanacionale.com/Default.aspx
      > Let's give a hearty welcome to Zastava! They have an updated website
      > and will hopefully keep us in the know about company goings-on.
      > Now if they'd just ship some new ones to the US>>>>..
      > (Hint! Hint!)
    • honda93accord2003
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2008
        How many other countries are Zastava sold in now?
        --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "zastava.automobili"
        <zastava.automobili@...> wrote:

        > Many thanks for the welcome!
        >
        > We've found that the site works best if entered through the
        preloader,
        > at http://www.zastavanacionale.com
        >
        > It's a celebration of sorts, given that 2008 marks Zastava's 55th
        > anniversary.
        >
        > If anyone has any questions regarding Zastava's current line-up,
        > situation, etc., please pass them along!
        >
        > The question of U.S. exports comes up frequently.
        >
        > (Very) short answer: the Koral In/ In L (ameliorated Yugo) passes
        > European front and side crash-test standards, but would likely
        require
        > a new dashboard and a power hike - at the very least - in order to
        > attract U.S. buyers in 2008. This was last considered back in 2002
        and
        > 2003, when Malcolm Bricklin tried to give it another shot:
        >
        > http://zastavanacionale.com/Default.aspx?lng=en-
        us&mode=heritage&id=2002

        > http://zastavanacionale.com/Default.aspx?lng=en-
        us&mode=heritage&id=2003

        > Without serious investment in both the factory and the supplier
        > network, it is unlikely that enough cars could be produced at a
        price
        > point even nearly as competitive as in 1985.
        >
        > - ZastavaNacionale.com
        >

        > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, maryroseberg
        <no_reply@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > http://www.zastavanacionale.com/Default.aspx
        > > Let's give a hearty welcome to Zastava! They have an updated
        website
        > > and will hopefully keep us in the know about company goings-on.
        > > Now if they'd just ship some new ones to the US>>>>..
        > > (Hint! Hint!)

      • zastava.automobili
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2008
          The Zastava Group sells vehicles in Serbia; Montenegro; Bosnia-
          Hercegovina; Croatia; Macedonia; Hungary; Romania, and Bulgaria.

          Zastava CKD kits are exported to Egypt, where they are assembled and
          sold. The Zastava 128, no longer offered in Serbia, remains a firm
          favorite among Egyptian cab drivers.

          Exports to Russia; Belarus, and Ukraine are being negotiated.

          - ZastavaNacionale.com

          --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "honda93accord2003"
          <honda93accord2003@...> wrote:

          > How many other countries are Zastava sold in now?
        • Edwin J.
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3, 2008
            Can you comment on how a possible adquisition from Fiat could affect the Yugo production on the factory?

            Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 9:57 PM
            Subject: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Re: Zastava exports

            Message 5 of 12 , May 5, 2008
              There is no official word on this issue, and it's hard to predict at
              this point, but the analyses have begun. You may find this article of
              interest:

              http://diferencijal.com/en/2008/05/06/analysis-what-does-the-zastava-
              fiat-agreement-mean

              --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "Edwin J." <edw17@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi:
              > Can you comment on how a possible adquisition from Fiat could affect
              the Yugo production on the factory?

              http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Fiat_leads_race_for_acquiring_Serbia
              n_Zastava/articleshow/3002790.cms