Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Help! I can't get my '91 to start!!

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3 7:11 PM
      Thanks everyone for the info. I didn't smell anything in the car,
      but I did smell it outside at the rear of the car. I think I will
      start with taking the fuel pump out and have it tested...

      Thanks,
      Tim

      --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, daveyugo@... wrote:

      > The FIRST thing to do is IF you smelt smoke or hot wires follow
      your NOSE
      > around and in the car and see if you can find out what burned to
      cause the
      > smell!!
      >
      > DaveYugo
      >

      > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video
      on AOL
      > Home.
      > (http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?
      video=15&ncid=aolhom00030000000001)

    • daveyugo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3 9:09 PM
        Hi, don't take the pump out just run 12v to it. Flip the back seat all the way up and under th rug you will find the cover for the pump. There is a blue line to it and a black line out black is ground. Ground the black lead and put 12v into the blue and see if you can FEEL the pump running. They are very quiet so you may not hear it but if you put your hand on the top of the tank you will feel it.

        DaveYugo

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6 11:36 AM
          Sometimes the "cat" can emit a stink at the rear of the car, of course, which can smell like something burning.

          ?

          wjs