Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Re: YUGO being Privatized

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
      Daniel-

      You wrote "Thar's why we have YUGO"S because they don't cost allot."

      Not entirely true... I have owned/driven FIATs and Yugos for 50 years this coming August because the little suckers are F*U*N!  I've always been a small car sort of guy starting with a bad case of the "hots" for a '41 Crosley back when I was just a sprout, as in "pre-teen?"

      Then there's always the "anti-establishment" facet, too.  If other people sneer down their noses at me, screw 'em.  They don't know what they're missing!

      Happy new year, gang!

      Bill-  with one bought-new '89 GV equipped with the passive restraints the insurance company won't give me credit for!  FOO!

    • DANIEL BOGUSE
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
        I started out with a 1984 Fiat 128 back in 77 and a friend of mine had an X1/9 and his girl friend also had a 128. My younger brother then got a 80 super Brava 131. I always had a liking for Fiats but they just seemed to despaired from the auto scene instill we got the Internet brought every thing out to your finger tips.
        Back then nobody ever thought of these as a collector car but just as another car and  just drove them as usual. Now you can't even find a 128 or Brava for sale.
        As for the Yugo they got such a bad rap that nobody wanted anything to do with them.
        It just go's to say that one mans junk is anther mans treasure.

        Bill Schulz <billschul_z@...> wrote:
        Daniel-

        You wrote "Thar's why we have YUGO"S because they don't cost allot."

        Not entirely true... I have owned/driven FIATs and Yugos for 50 years this coming August because the little suckers are F*U*N!  I've always been a small car sort of guy starting with a bad case of the "hots" for a '41 Crosley back when I was just a sprout, as in "pre-teen?"

        Then there's always the "anti-establishment " facet, too.  If other people sneer down their noses at me, screw 'em.  They don't know what they're missing!

        Happy new year, gang!

        Bill-  with one bought-new '89 GV equipped with the passive restraints the insurance company won't give me credit for!  FOO!

      • Arnold R. Campanile

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 6, 2008
            --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, DANIEL BOGUSE
            <rustycat97@...> wrote:
            > I started out with a 1984 Fiat 128 back in 77...

            How could you have a 1984 Fiat 128 in the year 1977???

            > Back then nobody ever thought of these as a collector car but just
            as another car and just drove them as usual. Now you can't even find a
            128 or Brava for sale.

            I often see 128's & 131's/Brava's for sale on other (Fiat) forums,
            CraigsList, Recycler.com, even on eBay...you're just not looking hard
            enough! =)

            -JS.
          • DANIEL BOGUSE
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 6, 2008