Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Re: Question to Jeff Fahringer Re: Yugo and fiat valves sizes for

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 6:14 AM
      Well, that's twice that didn't work.  Let me pick up where Yahoo! left off...

      The 128 Rally's engine was the 128 AR.000.  It was 1290cc (vs. 1116), 8.9:1 CR (vs. 8.8) and developed 67 hp DIN (vs. 55 hp DIN).  Very nice little car, a 2-door 3-box sedan outfitted with fog-lamps and four circular taillamps.

      Bill Schulz <billschul_z@...> wrote:
      Guys-

      The engine for the very first series 128 is listed as "128 A" according to the FIAT factory Show Manual.

      The 128

      wjs

      Alan Fries <alanfries@yahoo. com> wrote:
      So is the difference what makes a Yugo engine a "128A"? Or does
      the "A" suffix make any difference at all, between FIAT and Yugo?
      JEFF FAHRINGER <joffrey1@verizon. net> wrote:
      The spacing of the valves is about 39mm from center to center if
      your valve heads were 36 and 31mm diameter, they would be about
      5.5mm apart at the heads. If your valves were 30 and 26.75mm, they
      would be about 10.5mm apart. You say you see about 7mm on the fiat?

      Somethings not right here. What are you using to measure?
      CR is the ratio of swept volume (displacement) over the remaining
      combustion chamber volume when piston is at TDC. As Art said it is
      not about valve size. You have to measure the volume of c chamber.
      This is normally done by filling it with liquid from a graduated
      measuring thingy. That will allow you to determine which will give
      higher compression. Otherwise you are just guessing.

      Ye said: "Yes, maybe both used valves I have are not exhaust valves"
      Actually, I was suggesting that they were exhaust valves. 31mm is the
      size that I see on yugo exhaust. 31mm is not a size that you say you
      saw at all on your yugo head. Please be very careful that you read,
      measure and write without error as it puts everything in question.

      Valves have to be matched to their seats, so you cant switch any of
      them around or install new ones without doing that. I recommend
      having a auto machine shop do it. They have the tools and experience
      that you and I do not.

      Jeff

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.