Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Does anyone know the Eng and trans Lbs.

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 7:10 AM
      My GV/GVL Owner's Manual (yeah, I've still got one... two, actually) states 1832 lbs.

      Incidentally, the Uso e Manutenzione ("use and maintenence" owner's handbook) for the FIAT 127 lists 1562 and 1606 lbs. for the 903 and 1050cc versions respectively.  This for a car which is marginally roomier with wheelbase and length that are both 3 inches greater.

      So, the 127's 2% larger but weighs 12 to 15% less.  Goes to show you what weight penalty our crashability standards impose on us.  I think the sheet metal's thicker in our 145s, though.

      wjs

      daveyugo@... wrote:
      Hi, according to the shop manual a stock YUGO weighs 1892#

      When I started with my Dragrace YUGO I weighed it at Englishtown Raceway Park track and it weighed 1996#.

      DaveYugo

      See what's free at AOL.com.

      always stay connected to friends.