Re: New Member

  • Jonny
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2006
      >Does anyone know about any
      > tricks to this swap and finally would anyone have any headers
      > available?

      Yes I have a header:)

      And as for the swap info.
      http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7048&highlight=yugo

      If you have any questons drop me a line. Ill be mor than hapy to help.
    • mgcarguy
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2012
        Hi,

        I have got a '87 Yugo that I am preparing for autocrossing and the Grassroots Motorsports $2012 Challenge. It is getting a Fiat 1290 with a Weber 32 DMTRA and Delta camshaft and X1/9 suspension bits.

        Robert
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2012
          Robert
          If the rules allow it, use the Weber 34 DMTRA for more power.  There is an advantage to actually degreeing in the cam. Stock cam pulley marks commonly are off, advanced or retarded. Rarely dead on.
          If you have to run a muffler, 1 7/8 exhaust pipes help on power. Just pay attention to making sure the exhaust can move just like stock.
          The earlier Yugos I believe used at exhaust manifold with 2 outlets, and a dual down pipe. Those are superior to the single out that your 87 probably has. This 4-2-1 style exhaust is good for a few HP, and is much more durable than those light weight tube headers, which usually aren't constructed to keep from blowing gaskets.

          Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

           Visit   www.wvaanne.com   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

          I have got a '87 Yugo that I am preparing for autocrossing and the Grassroots Motorsports $2012 Challenge. It is getting a Fiat 1290 with a Weber 32 DMTRA and Delta camshaft and X1/9 suspension bits.

          Robert

        • Robert Coates