Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Smallest 13" available?

  • David Strilich
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
      I have a new set of P155/80R13 on my GV and the
      clearance and ride are fine. These are also mounted on
      Alloy wheels.

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • daveyugo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
        Hi,

        You better check the offset on the X19 rims I run 175-50/13 on my SCCA YUGO and it is lowered in the front about 2  1/2 inches and they don't rub.

        DaveYugo
      • William Schulz
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
          Jay-

          165/70x13 are a direct swap for the 145/80.  (A change of 10 on the section is reflected by a change-- in the opposite direction-- of 5 in the aspect.  165/70 = 155/75 = 145/80.)

          The light weight isn't really the problem, it's the weight shift of a relatively tall vehicle, exacerbated by the very short wheelbase.

          These bodies are pretty much handmade and don't have the tolerances that well-jigged shells do.  Strange thing is, the on-this-site-recently-maligned Strada/Ritmo shell was totally CNC jig-welded and was the first FIAT shell to be "finite element analysis" designed.  I guess the computer didn't figure on the fatique factor which led to their generating splits.

          But back to tires- I've got 155/80s on my 145 and, unless there's some serious weight in the luggage compartment and/or back seat, there's no rubbing, and never any in the front.

          Anna Whoo, 165/70s were still available when I last looked.

          Bill

        • james finfrock