Re: Idle Mixture

  • r_bailin
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
      You'll find that the Weber carb on the Yugo is about the easiest
      one you will ever work on. Six screws holding the cover to the base,
      an power valve (3 screws) and the accelerator pump (4 screws) on
      the drivers side. You can leave the choke alone if it's properly
      working.

      A rebuild consists of replacing those 3 gaskets/diaphragms, installing
      a new float valve, and removing the 4 jets/air bleeds one at a time to
      clean them. Check the float level, but it usually requires no
      adjustment.

      The most difficult part is shelling out $35-40 for the rebuild kit,
      when you only really need a few items from the kit.

      What year Yugo, and how many miles on the car?

      Bob

      --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paulcouch320@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hello,
      > Does the weber carb on a yugo have a idle mixture screw or is it done
      > by rejetting? Mine runs fine at higher RPM except at idle I can smell
      > its running rich. If it has a screw could someone post or email me a
      > picture showing where its at?
      >
      > Also, does anyone have an old carb they would like to sell? I have
      > rebuilt dozens of Carter & Holleys but I have never had a weber
      apart.
      > I want it for the purpose of learning so it doesnt have to be very
      good.

      > Thanks,
      > Paul
    • Paul Couch
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
        My Yugo is a 1988 GVX with a 1.3 liter. It has about 67,000 miles on it. Thanks for the information.

        -Paul

        wrote:
        > Hello,
        > Does the weber carb on a yugo have a idle mixture screw or is it done
        > by rejetting? Mine runs fine at higher RPM except at idle I can smell
        > its running rich. If it has a screw could someone post or email me a
        > picture showing where its at?
        >
        > Also, does anyone have an old carb they would like to sell? I have
        > rebuilt dozens of Carter & Holleys but I have never had a weber
        apart.
        > I want it for the purpose of learning so it doesnt have to be very
        good.

        > Thanks,
        > Paul

      • vedran residbegovic
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
          Hi all,
          has anyone heard from or about Koko Selakovic from New Orleans (the
          guy who has the Yugo limo)? Also, does anyone know anything about
          Landon Tucker from New Orleans? He initially contacted me when I
          posted a notice about my documentary film.
          Thanks,
          Vedran