Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Its all shook up.

  • Jonathan Ranney
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      THe first thing to look at is the lolipop joint at the
      tranny. Make sure the bushing is good. You can shim
      it, or file down the sholder to make it tight.

      The shift lever has a plastic coated block on the end.
      It has a hole in it that the rod to the tranny
      connects to. it gets worn and wobbly.

      I cut this off and made a new one. The new hole that
      accepts the rod to the tranny is just big enough to
      take the pin with a delrin bushing that is about .025
      thick. This block is made from 3/4 square steel, and
      welded on to the lever.

      Jon

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jonny
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        > PS, what will a Yugo run?
        > I have A 1.5L X19 motor with ported and polished 1.1 Yugo head.
        > Yugo 1.1L Tranny and flyhweel, and 2 inch exhaust.
        >
        > What is apx 1/4 mile time?

        You will be in the 17s in the 1/4 mile.
      • carkid1989
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2005
          What can be done to lower 1/4 mile times. Even a second lower. And
          do you havew parts for the stuff. (PS> this car is being raced for the
          first time on the 22nd of THIS month, so parts must be easy to
          install!)

          Thanks, and hurry!
        • Jonny
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2005
            --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "carkid1989"
            <carkid1989@y...> wrote:
            > What can be done to lower 1/4 mile times. Even a second lower.

            Taller tires:) More timing 20* at Idle. 100+ Race fuel.