Re: Bricklin in the news

  • maryroseberg
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      A couple mentions of the Yugo. Malcolm said it wasn't even in the
      same league as the new Chinese car. You think he'd be more defensive
      of one of his "babies".--- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com,

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
        He's just a mercinary, jackass pimp!

        maryroseberg <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        A couple mentions of the Yugo. Malcolm said it wasn't even in the
        same league as the new Chinese car. You think he'd be more defensive
        of one of his "babies".--- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com,
        maryroseberg <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > The video clip is on his website, in case anyone misses it.
        > http://visionaryvehicles.com/
        >

        > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, maryroseberg
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Malcolm Bricklin will be interviewed on Bloomberg Tv at 6:35
        > Tuesday
        > > morning. That according to the Visionary Vehicles website.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Joseph Long
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
          "Not in the same league" is a vague and somewhat
          neutral phrase. Bricklin's trying to sell something
          here, even if he knows it's not up to Yugo standards.

          I take it to mean that he knows he's got issues with
          the Cher(v)y. Not even looking at the car but at
          production, here's what I see: They've never built
          volume like Yugo has, they've never built for Fed
          specs like Yugo has, they've never built successfully
          for the US market like Yugo has.

          For those three points alone I think Bricklin's got a
          much harder sell with the Cher(v)y than he'd have had
          with reintroducing the Yugo or Zastava. Plus, Chery's
          getting sued by GM already.

          Also, I think Americans are already suspicious of
          Chinese products. Of course, Americans are suspicious
          of eastern European and French products as well (okay,
          wine, cheese, clothes and tires (Michelin) from France
          are okay, but not much else). But the truth is,
          Americans are usually only suspicious of imported
          items if they know they are imported. Look how many
          Dodge Omnis and Plymouth Horizons were sold to
          Americans who wouldn't knowingly be caught dead in a
          French car. What about Eagle Premiers?

          In any event, we've never had a Chinese car in the US
          disguised or not. Just as I never would have bought a
          Hyundai from Korea during their first five years (and
          the facts have proved me wise) I wouldn't touch a
          Chery within the first five years. So Malcolm's not
          getting any of my money, if at all, for quite a while.
          Too bad, because I would have been first in line for
          a Zastava.

          --- Bill Schulz <schulznotee@...> wrote:

          > He's just a mercinary, jackass pimp!
          >
          > maryroseberg <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > A couple mentions of the Yugo. Malcolm said it
          > wasn't even in the
          > same league as the new Chinese car. You think he'd
          > be more defensive
          > of one of his "babies".--- In
          > yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com,
          > maryroseberg <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The video clip is on his website, in case anyone
          > misses it.
          > > http://visionaryvehicles.com/
          > >

          > > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com,
          > maryroseberg
          > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Malcolm Bricklin will be interviewed on
          > Bloomberg Tv at 6:35
          > > Tuesday
          > > > morning. That according to the Visionary
          > Vehicles website.

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • furykidd2003
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
            Yet another thing Brother Bill,and I agree on!!!!! Sue his drawers
            of GM!!!!!

            Comrade Kidd
            > He's just a mercinary, jackass pimp!
            >
            > maryroseberg <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > A couple mentions of the Yugo. Malcolm said it wasn't even in the
            > same league as the new Chinese car. You think he'd be more
            defensive
            > of one of his "babies".--- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com,
            > maryroseberg <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > The video clip is on his website, in case anyone misses it.
            > > http://visionaryvehicles.com/
            > >

            > > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, maryroseberg
            > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Malcolm Bricklin will be interviewed on Bloomberg Tv at 6:35
            > > Tuesday
            > > > morning. That according to the Visionary Vehicles website.

            Service.

            > http://mail.yahoo.com
          • maryroseberg
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 25 7:57 AM