Yuoslavian Members

  • maryroseberg
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2 5:45 PM
      Hi, just wondering how many of the members in Yugoslavia or it's
      former republics own and drive Yugos? Also how is Zastava production
      these days?
    • maryroseberg
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 2 5:46 PM
          Hi, just wondering how many of the members in Yugoslavia or it's
          former republics own and drive Yugos? Also how is Zastava production
          these days?
        • mesmir83
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 3 11:58 AM
            Hi there,

            I'm from Yugoslavia, but I still don't have drivers' license. But my
            parents are most likely going to buy me the new YUGO IN (check out
            the photos section). Anyway, the car factory "Zastava automobili" in
            Kragujevac is still working and the negotiations concerning
            privatisation of the factory have already began. The goverment has
            sacked 15000 workers and it is planned that "Zastava automobili"
            should not have more than 2000-5000 workers. The new owner of the
            factory is probably going to be PEUGEOT, although the stategic
            partner of the factory (before Coupe d'Etat in 2000) was FIAT. The
            factory doesn't produce many cars in a year. 5-10 thousand would be
            considered quite a success. The sad thing is that "Zastava
            automobili" used to produce more than 100 thousand cars in 1990.

            --- In yugounitedgvowners2@y..., maryroseberg <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Hi, just wondering how many of the members in Yugoslavia or it's
            > former republics own and drive Yugos? Also how is Zastava
            production
            > these days?
          • isuzawa
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 4 12:10 AM
              Hi
              I'm from Serbia and I guess that there are few club members from here.
              I have several Zastava cars. For last two years I work with Zastava
              Automobili with a plan to reestablish production to a level before 12
              years, and this is arround 250.000 cars anualy.
              There are at least 2 milion Yugos driven worldwide, now.
              Tomorow is a big premiere of a new Zastava sedan which would help us
              in our goal of come back to a world car scene.

              I'm sending you a pic of a new sedan. Well, I like it a lot. Noting
              strange, couse I've made it.

              Goran Sukovic

              president of Isuzawa group, Belgrade
            • isuzawa
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5 4:19 AM
                Hello again

                This morning Zastava had it's public premiere of a new car.
                This morning I've met Mr.Malcolm Bricklin, and Mr. Toni Siminera and
                Mr Zoran Basaraba. Wandering, having in mind that some of clubers
                were working at Yugo America, if they remember them.
                Seems that all of them are very impressed with a new sedan. Could be
                that they would take share of Zastava Automobili and export it back
                to US. Well, guess that it wouldn't be that fast, but, I guess that
                mentioned possibility would interest memebers of a group/club.

                Goran
              • my14syugo
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5 8:08 AM
                  Hi Goran,

                  If you see Malcom or Tony again tell them that Dave Benton said Hello.

                  If they are REALLY going to try to bring the car back I would like to
                  be involved some how.

                  Dave Benton
                • terzicn
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 17 6:32 AM
                    --- In yugounitedgvowners2@y..., maryroseberg <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > Hi, just wondering how many of the members in Yugoslavia or it's
                    > former republics own and drive Yugos? Also how is Zastava
                    production
                    > these days?

                    Well i can tell you that YUGO is still popular in serbia and
                    montenegro these days,but not because of its good quality,but because
                    of the low standard of living in respublics of former Yugoslavia.10
                    yrs ago manufacturer of the yugos Zastava had a better qality of
                    their car than now thats for sure.But in my country now its a period
                    of economic and democratic reforms so the better daYS are yet to come.
                    The only news i can tell you is that corean daewoo bought a
                    factory Zastava which recentlu produced yugo ,so there is a new model
                    of yugo that is really promissing(i saw it on the fair of automobiles
                    on the 8-th of april),but as i heard there is a problem with
                    manufacturers of engines who dont deliver their production on time so
                    the situation with yugo is quite unclear at the moment.Exept yugo
                    there will be many diferrent models .So goog luck,i hope i helped you
                  • isuzawa
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 18 4:14 AM
                      > Wow! what a load of crap. Especialy that about " democratic" and
                      whatever reforms. Well, Daewoo thing is crap of a same size. ( Unless
                      they haven't purchased Zastava last night).
                      Models of a new Yugo and SW ( maquetas) been made by Zastava style
                      center, Mr Jeremic. Prototype of Sedan , which made Bricklin very
                      interested , and which is in testing and tooling make period, was
                      made by my company. We have no conection with Coreans. Not at all.

                      > Well i can tell you that YUGO is still popular in serbia and
                      > montenegro these days,but not because of its good quality,but
                      because
                      > of the low standard of living in respublics of former Yugoslavia.10
                      > yrs ago manufacturer of the yugos Zastava had a better qality of
                      > their car than now thats for sure.But in my country now its a
                      period
                      > of economic and democratic reforms so the better daYS are yet to
                      come.
                      > The only news i can tell you is that corean daewoo bought a
                      > factory Zastava which recentlu produced yugo ,so there is a new
                      model
                      > of yugo that is really promissing(i saw it on the fair of
                      automobiles
                      > on the 8-th of april),but as i heard there is a problem with
                      > manufacturers of engines who dont deliver their production on time
                      so
                      > the situation with yugo is quite unclear at the moment.Exept yugo
                      > there will be many diferrent models .So goog luck,i hope i helped
                      you
                    • koolyugo
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 18 4:55 AM
                        hi isuzawa so do you think they will ever bring yugos over to the uk?
                        thanks jason
                        p.s i like the new yugos!!

                        --- In yugounitedgvowners2@y..., isuzawa <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > > Wow! what a load of crap. Especialy that about " democratic" and
                        > whatever reforms. Well, Daewoo thing is crap of a same size. (
                        Unless
                        > they haven't purchased Zastava last night).
                        > Models of a new Yugo and SW ( maquetas) been made by Zastava style
                        > center, Mr Jeremic. Prototype of Sedan , which made Bricklin very
                        > interested , and which is in testing and tooling make period, was
                        > made by my company. We have no conection with Coreans. Not at all.
                        >
                        > > Well i can tell you that YUGO is still popular in serbia
                        and
                        > > montenegro these days,but not because of its good quality,but
                        > because
                        > > of the low standard of living in respublics of former
                        Yugoslavia.10
                        > > yrs ago manufacturer of the yugos Zastava had a better qality of
                        > > their car than now thats for sure.But in my country now its a
                        > period
                        > > of economic and democratic reforms so the better daYS are yet to
                        > come.
                        > > The only news i can tell you is that corean daewoo bought
                        > > factory Zastava which recentlu produced yugo ,so there is a new
                        > model
                        > > of yugo that is really promissing(i saw it on the fair of
                        > automobiles
                        > > on the 8-th of april),but as i heard there is a problem with
                        > > manufacturers of engines who dont deliver their production on
                        time
                        > so
                        > > the situation with yugo is quite unclear at the moment.Exept yugo
                        > > there will be many diferrent models .So goog luck,i hope i helped
                        > you
                      • Edsel Minton
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 18 8:22 AM

                          I hope they bring them to the US too. Any news of possible support for this from any American corporations?

                            koolyugo <koolyugo@...> wrote:

                          hi isuzawa so do you think they will ever bring yugos over to the uk?
                          thanks jason
                          p.s i like the new yugos!!

                          --- In yugounitedgvowners2@y..., isuzawa <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                          > > Wow! what a load of crap. Especialy that about " democratic" and
                          > whatever reforms. Well, Daewoo thing is crap of a same size. (
                          Unless
                          > they haven't purchased Zastava last night).
                          > Models of a new Yugo and SW ( maquetas) been made by Zastava style
                          > center, Mr Jeremic. Prototype of Sedan , which made Bricklin very
                          > interested , and which is in testing and tooling make period, was
                          > made by my company. We have no conection with Coreans. Not at all.
                          >
                          > >       Well i can tell you that YUGO is still popular in serbia
                          and
                          > > montenegro these days,but not because of its good quality,but
                          > because
                          > > of the low standard of living in respublics of former
                          Yugoslavia.10
                          > > yrs ago manufacturer of the yugos Zastava had a better qality of
                          > > their car than now thats for sure.But in my country now its a
                          > period
                          > > of economic and democratic reforms so the better daYS are yet to
                          > come.
                          > >       The only news i can tell you is that  corean daewoo bought
                          > > factory Zastava which recentlu produced yugo ,so there is a new
                          > model
                          > > of yugo that is really promissing(i saw it on the fair of
                          > automobiles
                          > > on the 8-th of april),but as i heard there is a problem with
                          > > manufacturers of engines who dont deliver their production on
                          time
                          > so
                          > > the situation with yugo is quite unclear at the moment.Exept yugo
                          > > there will be many diferrent models .So goog luck,i hope i helped
                          > you

                          Do You Yahoo!?

                        • isuzawa
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 18 11:59 PM
                            Hi Jason,

                            I've sent a mesage to other club, last week. Yes, Bricklin and Tony
                            Siminera visited us last week. They have a company " Global Motors".
                            Idea is to bring new models back to US. When? Mostly depends of
                            Malcolm's skill to find a money .
                            Recent Zastava's menagement is the worst ever. I wouldn't bet on
                            their competence.
                            UK? I don't know what size of market share Zastava could have there.
                            RWD is something that should be solve, but if English market show an
                            interest, which is , mostly, dependent of a size of distributor
                            there, cars would go. ( Malta, RWD market, is interested, too, but
                            few dosens of cars there wouldn't be significant argument)
                            I suppose that US market would have Zastava cars before EU. Atests
                            for US and EU are a bit diferent. Means, cars should be prepared at
                            two diferent ways. Engines have to give diferent exhaust results for
                            two markets. Having in mind people who runs a factory, now, it could
                            last too long. RWD preparement , which means few months of work ( at
                            most) , could last a year with them.
                            So, Jason, if you want a new Yugo Sedan or Zoragy Roadster, take a
                            plain, bring money and buy it here and make single import. In single
                            make Sedan costs some Eu 7.500.- Zastava's export price would be
                            arround Eu 5.900,- , power windows and aircondition included .
                            What to say? Zastava have interest at markets which recognise our
                            local atest ( neighbor countries, meadle east and China) for some
                            150.000 cars anualy. But, they are producing some 15.000. And they
                            talk all the time. Saying nothing. Like the fishes in aquarium.

                            Go buy Hunday.

                            Goran

                            > hi isuzawa so do you think they will ever bring yugos over to the
                            uk?
                            > thanks jason
                            > p.s i like the new yugos!!

                          • maryroseberg
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 19 10:12 AM
                              I thought Bricklin had "Global Motors" the first time around. In fact
                              one of the members when we were on Listbot had a Yugo with "Global"
                              badges on it, if I remember correctly. I hope this is true, but
                              Bricklin's auto adventures haven't panned out too well in the past.
                              Is there a news site or something online about these talks?

                              --- In yugounitedgvowners2@y..., isuzawa <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                              > Hi Jason,
                              >
                              > I've sent a mesage to other club, last week. Yes, Bricklin and Tony
                              > Siminera visited us last week. They have a company " Global
                              Motors".
                              > Idea is to bring new models back to US. When? Mostly depends of
                              > Malcolm's skill to find a money .
                              > Recent Zastava's menagement is the worst ever. I wouldn't bet on
                              > their competence.
                              > UK? I don't know what size of market share Zastava could have
                              there.
                              > RWD is something that should be solve, but if English market show
                              an
                              > interest, which is , mostly, dependent of a size of distributor
                              > there, cars would go. ( Malta, RWD market, is interested, too, but
                              > few dosens of cars there wouldn't be significant argument)
                              > I suppose that US market would have Zastava cars before EU. Atests
                              > for US and EU are a bit diferent. Means, cars should be prepared at
                              > two diferent ways. Engines have to give diferent exhaust results
                              for
                              > two markets. Having in mind people who runs a factory, now, it
                              could
                              > last too long. RWD preparement , which means few months of work (
                              at
                              > most) , could last a year with them.
                              > So, Jason, if you want a new Yugo Sedan or Zoragy Roadster, take a
                              > plain, bring money and buy it here and make single import. In
                              single
                              > make Sedan costs some Eu 7.500.- Zastava's export price would be
                              > arround Eu 5.900,- , power windows and aircondition included .
                              > What to say? Zastava have interest at markets which recognise our
                              > local atest ( neighbor countries, meadle east and China) for some
                              > 150.000 cars anualy. But, they are producing some 15.000. And they
                              > talk all the time. Saying nothing. Like the fishes in aquarium.
                              >
                              > Go buy Hunday.
                              >
                              > Goran
                              >

                              > > hi isuzawa so do you think they will ever bring yugos over to the
                              > uk?
                              > > thanks jason
                              > > p.s i like the new yugos!!

                            • Edsel Minton
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 20 6:51 AM

                                Yep Bricklin had a couple of failures, but remember he's the one who starting importing Subaru to the US and they're still going strong. Maybe a Yugo2 project would be successful for him.

                                Do You Yahoo!?