You know why there aren't new Yugo's?

  • t_saviour2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Because we ....i mean the United Nations...decided to place
      sanctions on Serbia,Croatia...etc. It basically means they (as a
      country) cannot export within the EU or America!!!!!
      They are making the cars to meet all European standards but can only
      sell them internally.
      Only when this is lifted can the cars be exported.
      However i have a contact, who offered to sell new and old cars..this
      includes CABRIO'S everyone!!!!! Being in England i can drive over or
      fly..and bring them back.
      Looking at around 5500 Euro's per vehicle.. haven't looked into
      import taxes or the other costs involved. Then of course for you
      guys it needs shipping as well!!
      But if anyone whats to be unique and is serious it can be done.

      Our car market is filling with cheap new cars...eg PERODUA AT £4995
      but if ZMV got it right they'd take the market by storm...again!
    • Matthew
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        That may very well work for people in the EU, but not for Americans.
        One would still have to pay to have the car crash tested (I think a
        minimum of 2 cars) and emissions certified (last I heard, this cost
        around $1 million).

        If someone had a few million just laying around, our could convince
        investors that it is a good idea (hint hint Mr. Bricklin), they may
        possibly do very well against the Koreans.

        --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "t_saviour2003"