RE: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] catalytic converter

  • Jonny Pruitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      The cat on the yugo is generick. Is for engens up to7.0.
      So it is able to flow more than the engen will ever make.
      So it is up to you if you wont to keep it. I have run with
      a cat and with out a cat. I cant tell the difrnce.

      On the other hand. That stock exaust is killing the eng.
      with the stock exaust you are limeted to 6K with verry little
      power. Chang the exaust to 2.5' and add a flex pipe so you
      dont brake your exaus manafold. I broke plenty be4 I added
      my flex pipe.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
        Hi,

        If you do not need to go through emissions then take a 1/2" refer rod and just brake up ALL the inside of the cat and put it back on you will also have to take off the air pump or it will back fire every time you shift.

        The empty cat is in just about the right place and the right size for a VERY good expansion box and you will see a difference in performance.

        DaveYugo