Steering wheel angle

  • ejosepacheco
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 1:57 PM
      Hey I was wondering if anyone have tried to modify the steering
      wheel in some way to be able to change the angle of it to be like at
      90 degrees instead of 45 or 60 degrees that originally came from the
      factory. If so how did you do it?
      Ejose
    • DAS
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 2:19 PM
        I give up. Why would you want to do this? are you a
        Bus Driver?

        http://platinum.yahoo.com
      • Yugobrain@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 4:34 PM
          it's not that hard, just remove the 2 nuts that hold the column to the dash, find 2 more just like 'em, drop the wheel to where you want it, use the 2 new nuts to stop it going any higher, and use the 2 old nuts to hold it up, usually near the bottom of the studs. the back side of the column is held in place by a couple of aluminum tabs, which will bend down out of the way. if you want to do it right, drill a hole in the column and column bracket near the back, and use a nut and bolt to secure the back side of the column.

          note that you may have to monkey with the turn signal switch to get it to cancel again, as the wheel will now be about a half inch closer to you due to the new column angle.

          disclaimer: altering the steering wheel angle may affect the safety of your car, especially if you do a half-ass job of it. bear in mind that you're going to be driving this thing, and put as much effort into doing it properly as you can, unless having the column drop into your lap at 70 mph is the sort of thing you'd enjoy. may cause cancer in California.

          Stu
          25 Yugos
        • ejosepacheco
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1 4:43 PM
            I did not mean to put the steering wheel horizontally like in a bus.
            I was referring to put it vertically, facing the driver. that's 90
            degree angle!
            ejose

            --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, DAS <davstr_2000@y...>