RE: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] yugo gas tank

  • Matt Brannon
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 7, 2013

      Very good condition used available:

      http://tinyurl.com/ohqkak3

      -M

      From: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vrdolce
      Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2013 10:12 PM
      To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] yugo gas tank

      anyone have or know where I can get a really good shape gas tank?mine has been sitting for years and has a lot of rust. would like a new one but im sure no aftermarket is available. and want to use a tank recoat kit as last resort.

      No virus found in this message.

    • Sykes1
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
        I have a brand new/never used F.I. Tank.  Are you looking for the F.I. Tank?
        Arnold = sykes1@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
          Do this. It isn't hard to do and it works really well. Don't use a recoat kit.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Sep 7, 2013, at 11:16 PM, Art Hughes <pro4art@...> wrote:

          Look for a product called Rust Blaster, auto parts or hardware stores. Use a piece of standard size link chain about 18 inches long. Put 1 to 1 1/2 quarts of Rust Blaster in the tank, drop in the chain. Seal the tank sending unit hole as best you can. Shake the tank and turn it over as you shake it. Rinse with water. Open the sending unit hole and stick a hair dryer in the opening. Set the tank with the filler neck pointing straight down, but at least 6 inches from the floor. The tank will be dry after about 1 hour.  Use air to blow out the tank. Stop when most of the derbis is blown out. Drop the chain in again and shake it while turning. Blow out with more air, and use some sort of stiff tubing to add length to your air nozzle. Chain is removed with a coat hanger.

          If it goes back in the car it came out of, be sure to disconnect the fuel lines at the front, and blow them out in both directions. Give time for particles to travel out from inside the fuel lines.
          Get a see thru clear plastic fuel filter, and use enough fresh rubber hose to lay the filter on the front cross member. Monitor the amount of derbis the filter collects, and if it looks real dirty, replace it with another. When the filter stays fairly clear, replace with a steel NAPA filter, and replace it after 5,000 miles. Cut it open and inspect. If it looks fairly clean, you should be fine.

          My Yugo had severe rust flakes, and I haven't needed any further cleaning, nor did I coat it inside..

          Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

           Visit   http://www.wvaanne.com/   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013
            You obviously need a regular gas tank.  So why not just call Jay?  He can get both tanks and I'm sure he has a new carburetor fuel tank in stock.  You're better off with new.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 15, 2013

              Are you looking for a Fuel Injected Tank?

              I have a brand new one for sale.

              anyone have or know where I can get a really good shape gas tank?mine has been sitting for years and has a lot of rust. would like a new one but im sure no aftermarket is available. and want to use a tank recoat kit as last resort.

              No virus found in this message.

            • mindjusar_79
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2013

                 You stil have a Yugo fuel tank for sale ? My Yugo is 1.3 efi.