Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] oil leak

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2013
      It is correct, that an electric pump should be close to the tank, and as close to level with  the tank bottom.
      However, the fuel pump can be mounted on the fuel pump bloc off plate, and work fine, in spite of not mounting it in the rear. Just depends how much time you want to spend under the car, and running a power wire back to the rear.

      Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

       Visit   http://www.wvaanne.com/   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
        ok i hooked up a gravity feed electric fuel pump on the frame rail in front of where the old one was worked good but now it runs out opf fuel and i blew ionto the tank to get fuel to it and it started but still has problems staying running.i am guessing that i am gonna have to move it to near the tank bvut do the lines run inn the frame rails cause i dont see them at a quick glance.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
          Do you have a new pump, or a used one? Fuel only goes IN on one side, and OUT the other. Many after market pumps are NOT well marked which side is the inlet.
          Did you replace the old fuel filter?
          Many  electric pumps will come with a very small filter, which plugs up very soon. Don't use it, use a steel filter where the old one is.
          Blocking off the old stock pump is a good place to  mount the electric pump, so you don't hear the constant click of the pump, which will transfer thru the body.
          You CAN NOT leave the stock pump in place. It will blow out it's diaphram and pump out all your engine oil, if you don't catch it happening.