Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Re: Selling my 1986 Yugo GV with tons of extras (even a 1986 GVX body if wanted)....

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 11, 2013
      Update on the fate of my '89 GV. Two years ago when I got my New 500, I sold it to a chap who needed a hack for when he was here... just to get groceries, go out to eat, etc. He liked it so much that when his house sold last week, he shipped-- and all the tools/spares-- back home to Puerto Rico.

      So much for selling a Yugo to someone who just wants transportation... the cars are endearing and addictive!

      wjs
      FIAT- Try it, you'll like it.
      Since 1958, over 1,000,000 miles in 16 of them.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 6 6:29 PM
        Intrested in a GVX body kit !!

        --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "crconlon1978" <chris@...> wrote:

        > Hey just letting people know on here I would be willing to go down to $800 for everything. The CG ad I have says $950. I would also be willing to help tow as well (I have AAA Plus that I never used so within 100 miles obviously. I figured i would throw it out there. i would rather see this go to someone who will appreciate it. Not someone looking for a "cheap" commuter car. That is what I have had thus far on CG! Thanks all!
        >
        > -Chris
        >
        > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, rdhesse@ wrote:
        > >
        > > yo batcivic you wanna take a road trip i got time, an maybe a trailer!!

      • Sykes1
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 7 1:59 AM
          For me, also some of it is distance besides what I mentioned below some time ago.  If I want to buy a driver Yugo, someone right here in my area has a GVX that can be gotten for a fair price.  However the only thing that turns me off from it is that it is "lowered" using Bertone/X19 suspension.

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 7 6:02 AM
            Unless they "slammed" it too low, I'd prefer a lower center of gravity over the stock height. That's why I will have coil over struts and springs to lower my Yugo.
            All they did was use X1/9 rear struts and springs,which is the same as Yugo fronts, just shorter. You just remove and bolt on stock parts. The rear is usually very simple, removing a bracket that lowers the rear.
            There shouldn't be any other mods, as nothing on an X1/9 suspension would be used to lower a Yugo.

            Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

             Visit   http://www.wvaanne.com/   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

            For me, also some of it is distance besides what I mentioned below some time ago.  If I want to buy a driver Yugo, someone right here in my area has a GVX that can be gotten for a fair price.  However the only thing that turns me off from it is that it is "lowered" using Bertone/X19 suspension.
            From: "Tihi_SRB" <Mindjusar_79@...>To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.comSent: Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:29:36 PMSubject: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Re: Selling my 1986 Yugo GV with tons of extras (even a 1986 GVX body if wanted)....
            Intrested in a GVX body kit !!

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 7 8:28 AM

              Just mentioned it because the man said it's really low.  Low enough where by one needs to be pretty careful when driving it.

              Everyone, don't take it as if I'm looking for another Yugo right now even just to beat around in because I shouldn't even put forth a nano-thought due to circumstances.

              It's hard though because the asking price of the GVX is a fair one.

              From: "Tihi_SRB" <Mindjusar_79@...>To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.comSent: Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:29:36 PMSubject: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Re: Selling my 1986 Yugo GV with tons of extras (even a 1986 GVX body if wanted)....