Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Junk salvage

  • OilBurner
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 2013
      you mean the little plastic strips that go along the inside of the window? not sure...i think they are...but dont know...the car is in pretty rough shape...looks like its been sitting outside/exposed a long time...leaves inside & moss growing on the floor...and of course rusted out..

      On 3/25/2013 11:51 AM, Robert Coates wrote:
      Are those black plastic parts that go on the door sills inside the car intact? I would be interested if you can get them.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 25, 2013, at 10:41 AM, OilBurner <highvoltage@...> wrote:

      Ok so i went down and got the emblems i wanted off the dead Yugo in
      Westminster... But im considering going back and salvaging everything
      else i can pack away from it...the junkman offered me the trans for only
      $50 since its worthless to him and nobody else wants it...i was going to
      offer 100 to let me take everything i can salvage...trans, glass, bumper
      plastic, lights & trim etc... sound like a good idea? am i being too
      generous or not generous enough if i offer that much..?

      He said he was planning to crush it soon... so i should probably let him
      know if i want the stuff pretty soon...just have to wait for nicer
      weather to go get it...

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 2013
        See if you can get in del to your house for $125, and he picks it up for free, when you are done stripping it. Maybe go to $150.
        Junk yard work in this weather is a good way to get sick, or injured trying to do something you didn't bring tools for.
        You can't ask for a title, so you may not be able to get another junker to pick it up.

        Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

         Visit   www.wvaanne.com   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87