Fiat 1.4 multiair turbo

  • Jeff Fahringer
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2012
      We were talking a while back about how it would be nice to get one of these into a yugo. At the time I was thinking the turbo model from an abarth 500 would cost too much for me to dream about because they are rare and if there was one availible many would want to swap one into their 500. Another option: Get one from a wrecked dodge dart
      http://www.dart-mouth.com/engines.html

      6 speed tranny would be pretty nifty too!
      Jeff F
    • jesse nordlander
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2012
        i was thinking of the 6 speed also but i doubt it would work out, its probably another 5" longer. i mean a yugo 4 to 5 speed swap has sway bar clearance issues as it is

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012
          Thats a good point though I wouldn't say for sure till I got the tape measure out. I'm expecting its a whole new transmission and not the 4 speed with two extra gears stuck on the end. It's possible too that the 1.4 engine is narrower due to the small 72mm bore. Might be hood clearance issues with that crazy long stroke.
          With 184ft pounds of tourque from 2,550 to 4,000rpm in a 1800 pound car, I don't suppose a 6 speed is needed really.
          Amazing it can run 18 pounds of boost with a 9.8/1 compression ratio!
          Jeff f

        • rdhesse@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012
            jeff how much boost are u runnin again... getting ready to mount my
            turbo

            <fiero377ci@...> wrote:

            > i was thinking of the 6 speed also but i doubt it would work out, its
            probably another 5" longer. i mean a yugo 4 to 5 speed swap has sway
            bar clearance issues as it is

            > ________________________________

          • jesse nordlander
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012
              no doubt it can work, and with that much power the tires will probably be obliviated through 3rd

              <fiero377ci@...> wrote:

              > i was thinking of the 6 speed also but i doubt it would work out, its
              probably another 5" longer. i mean a yugo 4 to 5 speed swap has sway
              bar clearance issues as it is

            • Jeff Fahringer
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012
                5-6 psi in the upper rpm range. Only around 2 @ 2000 rpm. Should be flatter with the smaller pulley that I have not tried yet. Want the water to air intercooler installed before I test higher boost. It's almost finished but this is my busy time o year, so hard to estimate when it will be done. Hope to hear more about your project as you go!
                Jeff f