Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Any yugo's for sale

  • jesse nordlander
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2012
      theres a pair on craigslist near scranton for 1500 ones rotted completely. you will be lucky to find one that cheap anymore

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2012
        We got our two this year for $600 a piece...

        DaveP in NE Ohio
        87 GV - Jordan's
        88 GV - Mine!

        theres a pair on craigslist near scranton for 1500 ones rotted completely. you will be lucky to find one that cheap anymore

        Any yugo's for sale around 1000 dollars manual Plz let me know
      • Jim Muldoon
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2012
          I got mine for $700, interior & exterior show room perfect. Rented a trailer and drove up from Mexico Beach, Florida to Washingtonville, Ohio to get it. However the mechanical needed some TLC. I have gone through it completely, complete new brakes, tires, engine parts, AC etc. I now have a little over $6,000.00 invested. People have even asked me, "Are they building YUGOS again"? I am having fun at car shows and enjoy driving it. I have had people take my picture, when they pass me, while driving on two lane roads. Fun, Jim Muldoon

          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2012
            Jim, did you buy yours from a fellow named Dave?  I can't remember his last name at the moment... My son's came from between Washingtonville and Columbiana, and Dave is the only person I know in that area with Yugos!  My son wants to get another one from his (as well as a 52 Chevy and 56 Belvedere)  He got his 71 Maverick from him too!

            DaveP in NE Ohio
            87 GV - 88 GV

            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2012
              Dave, I got it in Washingtonville, house on the highway, Main St., in town. Fellow named Andrew.   Jim

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2012
                Wow, mine came from about 2 miles east on the same road!  Funny that there were that many so close together!

                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 2, 2012
                  Maybe the same owner. I had a feeling my man was selling the Yugo for someone else. Did you get yours on EBAY ?? Jim

                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 2, 2012
                    No, we actually know Dave through a couple of channels... he used to have an electric car like mine,

                    If it was through the internet that makes sense, Dave isn't online.  He has quite a collection, I think he is down to about 75 cars in his house right now... he built a 'room' onto his house for his toys... Microcars, cars, Tonka trucks and bicycles. -  DaveP

                    Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:55 PM

                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 2, 2012
                      Last September I let my '89 GV go for $800 with a complete set of YUGO shop tools. I sold it to a guy here in our town who was retiring to Puerto Rico and who needed a car here (FL) just to get around whenever he was back here.

                      I thought he's sold the whole lot but I saw it yesterday in his garage... must have come back for house closing as the FOR SALE sign is down. If that's so, and IF he approaches me, I'll buy it back and let the gang know it's available.

                      wjs- Leesburg, FL
                      FIAT's New 500... All the car I need... or want!

                      Any yugo's for sale around 1000 dollars manual Plz let me know

                    • charles mack
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 2, 2012

                        why dont you approach him?

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 2, 2012
                          Charles-

                          I don't approach him mainly because I love my new FIAT 500. Same size outside/inside, way more poke, better fuel economy over the Weber's, dealer and, if needed, parts availability (no reflection on you, Jay), A/C (nearly as vital as food here in FL), etc.

                          Plus I'm gettin' too old to clamber over/under/around/inside cars and, other than thousand mile fluids/tire pressure checks, I'm pretty much out of the wrenchin' business. I miss it and, yet, I don't.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 2, 2012
                            i hear ya.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 2, 2012
                              Hello I am in Ohio 44509 and have THIS beautiful movie car (drowning mona) 1986 GVplus with 78k miles to sell for $2500   Interior is as nice as exterior ! Gorgeous  manual trans, factory yugo floor mats and cassete radio, roof rack.  xkreal@...

                            • David C. Pyatt
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 3, 2012
                                Beautiful car!  I didn't think the Plus was made until 1990.  I love the bigger taillights, would love to get a set for my 88.  Will have to finish watching the movie tonight and see if I can spot it.  What is the other one parked by the garage?  With all of the Yugos popping up in NE Ohio we should start a local group!

                                DaveP in Alliance, Ohio
                                87 GV - Jordan's
                                88 GV - Mine!

                              • rdhesse@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 3, 2012
                                  dave i have some gv plus rear lights if u want them... do need some new
                                  plastic though... good idea 4 a club i/m in
                                  bill from cleveland

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 3, 2012
                                    Definitely!  Let's talk this weekend... Just got to work, but wanted to jump on that! :)

                                    DaveP in Alliance, OH

                                    On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM, <rdhesse@...> wrote:
[...]

                                    <*> Your email settings:
                                        Individual Email | Traditional

                                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                                    <*> To change settings via email:
                                        yugounitedgvowners2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                        yugounitedgvowners2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 3, 2012
                                      It's a GVL and the rear facia panel beneath the hatch is special in order to accept the extra set of lamps with the back-ups.

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 3, 2012
                                        Willing to refabricate... I'm sure it can't be too hard to come up with a solution or a donor rusted out GVL with a good rear panel..

                                        On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Bill Schulz <billschul_z@...> wrote:
                                        It's a GVL and the rear facia panel beneath the hatch is special in order to accept the extra set of lamps with the back-ups.

                                        wjs- Leesburg, FL
                                        FIAT's New 500... All the car I need... or want!

                                      • Tim Petersen
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 7, 2012
                                          I believe I still have a rear panel for a GVL in storage. Purchased from Jay, never installed. Flint, Michigan area. Don't know what shipping would cost.

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 7, 2012
                                            I found one red lowered strecthed rims but the guy is not answering. So i got a question for you guys. I found an 1984 yugo anyone know anything about those i thought first ones in USA wete 1986?

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Aug 7, 2012
                                              To the best of my knowledge, the very first Yugos brought in for evaluation were the Yugo "45" with the 903cc pushrod engine derived from the FIAT 600 of 633cc launched in 1955. They were... shall I say "anemic" by Yank standards although with my history of under-one liter FIATs I could have nicely lived with the little four-banger.

                                              I enjoy the challenge of energy management and, believe me, when you're driving FIAT 600s in New England with a power to weight ratio of 48-54 pounds per pony, you learn energy management quick-like!

                                            • Edselsouth1@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Aug 7, 2012
                                                     I've got a 1988 Yugo (1.1,  4 speed )I would consider selling. It is badged as a GVX (clone), and titled ( good Alabama title in my name) as such. Needs carburetor work,master cylinder (new furnished w/ car) , and clutch is weak. Interior good, exterior good (no dents, no rust) , tires (175-70-13) fair to good, sunroof (slider), tail lights changed to newer style (large/double), opening vent windows, knee  bolster, stock radio (am/fm/cass), tinted glass,  dual outside mirrors, package shelf, rear window louver, cold air conditioning. Red/grey. Black steel wheels, hub caps, trim rings. If you are interested, please contact me through e-mail (yugosouth at a o l dot com). Located north Alabama. I can send pics to your e-mail address, and can discuss price as well. In the $700-800. range. I've had the car about 15 years or more, (Also have two other Yugos, 1987 GV and 1990GV+, but not for sale.)Thanks, David.

                                                --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, Tim Petersen <tpete99@...> wrote: > > I believe I still have a rear panel for a GVL in storage. Purchased from Jay, never installed. Flint, Michigan area. Don't know what shipping would cost. > > --- On Fri, 8/3/12, David C. Pyatt <dcpyatt@...> wrote: > > From: David C. Pyatt <dcpyatt@...> > Subject: Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Any yugo's for sale > To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com > Date: Friday, August 3, 2012, 5:40 PM > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >   > > > > > > > > > > Willing to refabricate... I'm sure it can't be too hard to come up with a solution or a donor rusted out GVL with a good rear panel.. > > On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Bill Schulz <billschul_z@...> wrote: > > It's a GVL and the rear facia panel beneath the hatch is special in order to accept the extra set of lamps with the back-ups. > > > > > wjs- Leesburg, FL > > FIAT's New 500... All the car I need... or want! > ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yugounitedgvowners2/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yugounitedgvowners2/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: yugounitedgvowners2-digest@yahoogroups.com yugounitedgvowners2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: yugounitedgvowners2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                              • igorbanija@yahoo.com
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Aug 18, 2012
                                                  Sorry been busy lately I would really like a fuel injected one how much you pricing your fuel injected one I know it's not for sale

                                                  Sent from my iPhone