Re: ebay yugo

  • Jeff Fahringer
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 10, 2012
      Don't know! Funny though, how there were 3 cabrios (2 on ebay, 1 in ny craigs list)for sale at the same time, considering how rare they are.
      Jeff F

      --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "PamelaC" <tweetycoombs1@...> wrote:

      > did any of you bid on the yellow yugo?? Did anyone win it?
      > I wasn't me..

    • Clete and Pam
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 10, 2012
        Jeff,
        You are the only one that has answered me about this....It is rare to have 3 cabrios on at one time... But I have 3 cabrios of mine own...one is the very first one from Yugoslavia  to become a cabrio..It is yellow but started out as white. I also have the second one, which is black and I have a third one that I bought in NC which is red...... I will be selling the red one come spring...
        Pam
      • Jeff Fahringer
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 11, 2012
          "You are the only one that has answered me about this" I figure people are less inspired to reply when they don't know the answer. Ask them something they all know, so they can feel smart!
          I only have one Cabrio, poor me! I built a nice fuel injected 1500cc engine for it this winter. Seems surpisingly common for people who have a cabrio have more than one. Theres Koko down in New Orleans that I think has three. Two with less than 1000 miles on them, last I talked to him. Whos that yugo collector in Minnesota? I used to know his name, but haven't been able to remember it lately.
          He had around 20 yugos of various types all together.
          Jeff f

          --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, Clete and Pam <tweetycoombs1@...> wrote:

          > Jeff,
          > You are the only one that has answered me about this....It is rare to have 3 cabrios on at one time... But I have 3 cabrios of mine own...one is the very first one from Yugoslavia to become a cabrio..It is yellow but started out as white. I also have the second one, which is black and I have a third one that I bought in NC which is red...... I will be selling the red one come spring...
          > Pam
          >
          > Don't know! Funny though, how there were 3 cabrios (2 on ebay, 1 in ny craigs list)for sale at the same time, considering how rare they are.
          > Jeff F
          >
          > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "PamelaC" <tweetycoombs1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > did any of you bid on the yellow yugo?? Did anyone win it?
          > > I wasn't me..

        • Jim Muldoon
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 13, 2012
            Talking about YUGO--- I took my 1988 YUGO GV to my first car show--First Friday in Port St. Joe, Florida and got just as much attention, if not more, than the muscle cars.    Comments from," I haven't seen one of those in years, where did you find it ?, are they making YUGO 's  again?"   It is a cream puff, looks like new.  Lot's of fun and had lots of pictures taken. Plan on taking  it every First Friday.   Jim Muldoon

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 13, 2012
              Jim
              I know what you mean.
              Last week stopped at an O'Reillys auto parts, and didn't like the car next to mine, so backed up and parked further away. As I pulled back in, saw 4 people standing in the front window looking at me. Went in the door, and one of them asked me how much I'd sell it for, less than 10 seconds after walking in. Told him he couldn't afford it, but during a 20 minute conversation did find out he was well healed. Didn't get to the offer point, as I'd never find another as clean.
              Got over 12,200 miles on it now, and my $9000 dollar 2006 Scion tC sets forlorn in my drive, and the Yugo is garaged.

              Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

               Visit   www.wvaanne.com   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

              Talking about YUGO--- I took my 1988 YUGO GV to my first car show--First Friday in Port St. Joe, Florida and got just as much attention, if not more, than the muscle cars.    Comments from," I haven't seen one of those in years, where did you find it ?, are they making YUGO 's  again?"   It is a cream puff, looks like new.  Lot's of fun and had lots of pictures taken. Plan on taking  it every First Friday.   Jim Muldoon

              "You are the only one that has answered me about this" I figure people are less inspired to reply when they don't know the answer. Ask them something they all know, so they can feel smart!
              I only have one Cabrio, poor me! I built a nice fuel injected 1500cc engine for it this winter. Seems surpisingly common for people who have a cabrio have more than one. Theres Koko down in New Orleans that I think has three. Two with less than 1000 miles on them, last I talked to him. Whos that yugo collector in Minnesota? I used to know his name, but haven't been able to remember it lately.
              He had around 20 yugos of various types all together.
              Jeff f

              --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, Clete and Pam <tweetycoombs1@...> wrote:

              > Jeff,
              > You are the only one that has answered me about this....It is rare to have 3 cabrios on at one time... But I have 3 cabrios of mine own...one is the very first one from Yugoslavia to become a cabrio..It is yellow but started out as white. I also have the second one, which is black and I have a third one that I bought in NC which is red...... I will be selling the red one come spring...
              > Pam
              >
              > Don't know! Funny though, how there were 3 cabrios (2 on ebay, 1 in ny craigs list)for sale at the same time, considering how rare they are.
              > Jeff F
              >
              > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "PamelaC" <tweetycoombs1@> wrote:
              > >
              > > did any of you bid on the yellow yugo?? Did anyone win it?
              > > I wasn't me..

            • darrell saunders
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 13, 2012
                Jim Please post the pics of your car for all of us to enjoy!!

                Talking about YUGO--- I took my 1988 YUGO GV to my first car show--First Friday in Port St. Joe, Florida and got just as much attention, if not more, than the muscle cars.    Comments from," I haven't seen one of those in years, where did you find it ?, are they making YUGO 's  again?"   It is a cream puff, looks like new.  Lot's of fun and had lots of pictures taken. Plan on taking  it every First Friday.   Jim Muldoon

                "You are the only one that has answered me about this" I figure people are less inspired to reply when they don't know the answer. Ask them something they all know, so they can feel smart!
                I only have one Cabrio, poor me! I built a nice fuel injected 1500cc engine for it this winter. Seems surpisingly common for people who have a cabrio have more than one. Theres Koko down in New Orleans that I think has three. Two with less than 1000 miles on them, last I talked to him. Whos that yugo collector in Minnesota? I used to know his name, but haven't been able to remember it lately.
                He had around 20 yugos of various types all together.
                Jeff f

                --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, Clete and Pam <tweetycoombs1@...> wrote:

                > Jeff,
                > You are the only one that has answered me about this....It is rare to have 3 cabrios on at one time... But I have 3 cabrios of mine own...one is the very first one from Yugoslavia to become a cabrio..It is yellow but started out as white. I also have the second one, which is black and I have a third one that I bought in NC which is red...... I will be selling the red one come spring...
                > Pam
                >
                > Don't know! Funny though, how there were 3 cabrios (2 on ebay, 1 in ny craigs list)for sale at the same time, considering how rare they are.
                > Jeff F
                >
                > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "PamelaC" <tweetycoombs1@> wrote:
                > >
                > > did any of you bid on the yellow yugo?? Did anyone win it?
                > > I wasn't me..

              • DANIEL BOGUSE
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 13, 2012
                  Last fall I was at the Newport Indiana antique car hill climb and drove down the from Kenosha WI in my 88 reg GVX. After the long day of events and classic car showings I walked back to my YUGO to find people taking photos of the car sitting there in the grassy field where everybody else parked.These cars a gem in disguise.One mans junk is another mans treasure but my Yugo is far from being junk.

                  Talking about YUGO--- I took my 1988 YUGO GV to my first car show--First Friday in Port St. Joe, Florida and got just as much attention, if not more, than the muscle cars.    Comments from," I haven't seen one of those in years, where did you find it ?, are they making YUGO 's  again?"   It is a cream puff, looks like new.  Lot's of fun and had lots of pictures taken. Plan on taking  it every First Friday.   Jim Muldoon

                  "You are the only one that has answered me about this" I figure people are less inspired to reply when they don't know the answer. Ask them something they all know, so they can feel smart!
                  I only have one Cabrio, poor me! I built a nice fuel injected 1500cc engine for it this winter. Seems surpisingly common for people who have a cabrio have more than one. Theres Koko down in New Orleans that I think has three. Two with less than 1000 miles on them, last I talked to him. Whos that yugo collector in Minnesota? I used to know his name, but haven't been able to remember it lately.
                  He had around 20 yugos of various types all together.
                  Jeff f

                  --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, Clete and Pam <tweetycoombs1@...> wrote:

                  > Jeff,
                  > You are the only one that has answered me about this....It is rare to have 3 cabrios on at one time... But I have 3 cabrios of mine own...one is the very first one from Yugoslavia to become a cabrio..It is yellow but started out as white. I also have the second one, which is black and I have a third one that I bought in NC which is red...... I will be selling the red one come spring...
                  > Pam
                  >
                  > Don't know! Funny though, how there were 3 cabrios (2 on ebay, 1 in ny craigs list)for sale at the same time, considering how rare they are.
                  > Jeff F
                  >
                  > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "PamelaC" <tweetycoombs1@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > did any of you bid on the yellow yugo?? Did anyone win it?
                  > > I wasn't me..

                • jesse nordlander
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 13, 2012
                    ya speaking of i got tons of votes on my fairly rough gv at a car show last year, couldnt believe it.

                    Talking about YUGO--- I took my 1988 YUGO GV to my first car show--First Friday in Port St. Joe, Florida and got just as much attention, if not more, than the muscle cars.    Comments from," I haven't seen one of those in years, where did you find it ?, are they making YUGO 's  again?"   It is a cream puff, looks like new.  Lot's of fun and had lots of pictures taken. Plan on taking  it every First Friday.   Jim Muldoon

                    "You are the only one that has answered me about this" I figure people are less inspired to reply when they don't know the answer. Ask them something they all know, so they can feel smart!
                    I only have one Cabrio, poor me! I built a nice fuel injected 1500cc engine for it this winter. Seems surpisingly common for people who have a cabrio have more than one. Theres Koko down in New Orleans that I think has three. Two with less than 1000 miles on them, last I talked to him. Whos that yugo collector in Minnesota? I used to know his name, but haven't been able to remember it lately.
                    He had around 20 yugos of various types all together.
                    Jeff f

                    --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, Clete and Pam <tweetycoombs1@...> wrote:

                    > Jeff,
                    > You are the only one that has answered me about this....It is rare to have 3 cabrios on at one time... But I have 3 cabrios of mine own...one is the very first one from Yugoslavia to become a cabrio..It is yellow but started out as white. I also have the second one, which is black and I have a third one that I bought in NC which is red...... I will be selling the red one come spring...
                    > Pam
                    >
                    > Don't know! Funny though, how there were 3 cabrios (2 on ebay, 1 in ny craigs list)for sale at the same time, considering how rare they are.
                    > Jeff F
                    >
                    > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "PamelaC" <tweetycoombs1@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > did any of you bid on the yellow yugo?? Did anyone win it?
                    > > I wasn't me..

                  • Sykes1
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 13, 2012

                      Just ten minutes ago, a family came up my driveway to admire my Yugo and take pictures.  I was hoping that they where coming up to see my house that has to sell!

                         Shucks!

                      ya speaking of i got tons of votes on my fairly rough gv at a car show last year, couldnt believe it.

                      Talking about YUGO--- I took my 1988 YUGO GV to my first car show--First Friday in Port St. Joe, Florida and got just as much attention, if not more, than the muscle cars.    Comments from," I haven't seen one of those in years, where did you find it ?, are they making YUGO 's  again?"   It is a cream puff, looks like new.  Lot's of fun and had lots of pictures taken. Plan on taking  it every First Friday.   Jim Muldoon

                      "You are the only one that has answered me about this" I figure people are less inspired to reply when they don't know the answer. Ask them something they all know, so they can feel smart!
                      I only have one Cabrio, poor me! I built a nice fuel injected 1500cc engine for it this winter. Seems surpisingly common for people who have a cabrio have more than one. Theres Koko down in New Orleans that I think has three. Two with less than 1000 miles on them, last I talked to him. Whos that yugo collector in Minnesota? I used to know his name, but haven't been able to remember it lately.
                      He had around 20 yugos of various types all together.
                      Jeff f

                      --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, Clete and Pam <tweetycoombs1@...> wrote:

                      > Jeff,
                      > You are the only one that has answered me about this....It is rare to have 3 cabrios on at one time... But I have 3 cabrios of mine own...one is the very first one from Yugoslavia to become a cabrio..It is yellow but started out as white. I also have the second one, which is black and I have a third one that I bought in NC which is red...... I will be selling the red one come spring...
                      > Pam
                      >
                      > Don't know! Funny though, how there were 3 cabrios (2 on ebay, 1 in ny craigs list)for sale at the same time, considering how rare they are.
                      > Jeff F
                      >
                      > --- In yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com, "PamelaC" <tweetycoombs1@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > did any of you bid on the yellow yugo?? Did anyone win it?
                      > > I wasn't me..

                    • Jim Muldoon
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 23 9:18 AM
                        Just an update on the car show. YUGO and me got a write up in the "STAR",  the Port ST. JOE, FLORIDA, newspaper.  The Yugo is a lot of fun, every body gets a big kick out of where the spare tire is located.  I haven't received any E-mails for a while. Hope I am still on the news and question list. Jim Muldoon

                      • daveyugo@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 23 10:38 AM
                          WTG daveyugo