Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Yugo conspiracy theorys

  • Jeff Fahringer
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 2, 2012
      Being that Yugo kept on making yugos untill fairly recently, we should be able to agree that they were not "killed off" by Hyundai! (that talk might fly at the hyundai group?) Even now, as they make Fiats, I feel like it's the same comapany, now just makeing a more exact fiat copy complete with fiat logo. Good move considering how soiled the Yugo name is. But why is that name so soiled? That was more my original question, not were did they go, but why such misinformation? The more I work on them the more i respect them. It seems the less other people know, the more sure they are that they are the worst cars ever made. I've had a mechanic try to tell me the rear wheel bearing was a sleeve bearing. Someone wrote that they took a test drive and the raio fell out - It couldn't - unless it was not attached and he stood the car on the rear bumper.

    • fiatdan@juno.com
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 9, 2012
        Thanks for the information on addressing a wobble speedo needle.  My needle is wobbling and I'll take it apart to clean and re-lube. Was planning to use white lithium grease but will instead look for a graphite lube per you suggestion.
        Dan Yee
        San Francisco Bay Area

        From: Bill Schulz <billschul_z@...>
        To: "yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com" <yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 9:02 AM

        'Way back when, Road & Track broke the "buck" when they tested the carbed one. 101MPH