      Not complicated, Daniel, just much different than anything that I had ever seen or worked on before..  I'm sure that after I clean them up I will appreciate their simplicity and design... and I will put away the cold chisel so I don't ding the keepers up!

      And Bill, nice write-up!  I will enjoy going through it all!

      DaveP in Ohio

      On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 9:31 PM, DANIEL BOGUSE rustycat97@... [yugounitedgvowners2] <yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      All the Fiats and the Yugo and most likely the Lancia's use this type of caliper set up. Even the early Toyota Celica and Corolla used this. All you need to do brakes is a pliers and a screwdriver and some brake lube, come on how easy can it get.

      From: "dcpyatt@... [yugounitedgvowners2]" <yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com>
      To: yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:44 PM
      Subject: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] Looked into the front brake setup tonight...

      Which brilliant team of engineers do I have to thank for the ingenious caliper setup, the Italians or the Slavs?  Thank goodness I have a Haynes manual, I never would have figured it out... as it was I only took the top retaining slide out and replaced it... those little clips are getting a paint job florescent orange!  Lost them in the drive after setting them on the hubcap!

      Should I get a brass bar to use to knock these retainers in and out to keep from dinging them up?  I know my dad used to have one in his tool box, unfortunately I wasn't offered his tools when he passed away.  Any ideas where I might find one?

      DaveP in Ohio
      87-88-89

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic