12233Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] sacrilege!

    Jul 1, 2014
      In a way, Jim, they are building Yugos again... well, at least FIATs are coming down the same geographical line. The old Zastava factory has been taken over by FIAT and the new 500L is being built on a new assembly line in the old plant. Perhaps some of the same workers are building them.

      Egad! I wonder how many of the buyers of the 500L are aware of that? Well, I say, if the "L" is as good as the Yugos were, they should be terrific. Not as simple, certainly, but well screwed together.

      Thanks for the humorous little incident about stealing all the chicks from the rods.

      Bill

      On 07/01/2014 10:59 AM, Jim Muldoon revhoracemcnasty@... [yugounitedgvowners2] wrote:

      Bill, I read your YUGO JOKES and Got a big kick out of them. I have had my 1988 Yugo GV Since Oct. 2010 and have heard a few, but, you gave me more to add to my list.  I had a good one happen a car show, when a fella walked over and said, " You get all the "leg candy" over here. Those women do not know anything nor do they care about, blowers, chrome engines and super chargers, so they come over here and read your silly stuff about Yugos and then call there friends over. Your car is surrounded by women. "   I have had a good time with my Yugo. People ask me if they are making those again. Mine is showroom clean and I just had the engine completely rebuilt. Fun Times, Jim Muldoon

      On Monday, June 30, 2014 11:41 AM, "bill nolan hello9949@... [yugounitedgvowners2]" <yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That is the best list of Yugo funnies I have ever seen. Thanks for the laughs.   Speaking of accidents though,  I was once rear ended by a Ford Pinto at a stop sign. Yes it was a long time . ago.  They hit me going about 15mph.  The pinto found it's way up under the plastic bumper and barely touched the bottom tip of the body. A small chip oh paint came off of my car that you could only see if you got down on your knees. The pinto however in my mind was totaled !   The grill was knocked out, the hood was ruined the fender bent way back , bumper crunched. I couldn't believe it.  So I guess the moral of the story here would be ............if you are going to get into a wreck make sure it's a car with a funky reputation like a pinto or a gremlin or something

      On Monday, June 30, 2014 8:51 AM, "Bill Schulz billschul_z@... [yugounitedgvowners2]" <yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hey, you guys that know I-- well, my wife and I-- drove nearly a quarter million miles behind Yugo steering wheels and I'm the first to vehemently defend them. These "Yugo jokes" at first pi$$ed me off but as I read through them, well, I had to admit some were pretty clever.

      I hope that you can any sensitivity on the back burner for a minute and have a chuckle as we all know that someone who can say these things is either too stupid to see clever design constructed in a bulletproof manner... or, worse yet, have never seen one up close and personal, much less ridden in one or (gasp) driven one!

      Yugo jokes

      Apologetically yours,
      Bill

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic