12231Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] sacrilege!

  • bill nolan
    Jun 30, 2014
      That is the best list of Yugo funnies I have ever seen. Thanks for the laughs.   Speaking of accidents though,  I was once rear ended by a Ford Pinto at a stop sign. Yes it was a long time . ago.  They hit me going about 15mph.  The pinto found it's way up under the plastic bumper and barely touched the bottom tip of the body. A small chip oh paint came off of my car that you could only see if you got down on your knees. The pinto however in my mind was totaled !   The grill was knocked out, the hood was ruined the fender bent way back , bumper crunched. I couldn't believe it.  So I guess the moral of the story here would be ............if you are going to get into a wreck make sure it's a car with a funky reputation like a pinto or a gremlin or something

      On Monday, June 30, 2014 8:51 AM, "Bill Schulz billschul_z@... [yugounitedgvowners2]" <yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hey, you guys that know I-- well, my wife and I-- drove nearly a quarter million miles behind Yugo steering wheels and I'm the first to vehemently defend them. These "Yugo jokes" at first pi$$ed me off but as I read through them, well, I had to admit some were pretty clever.

      I hope that you can any sensitivity on the back burner for a minute and have a chuckle as we all know that someone who can say these things is either too stupid to see clever design constructed in a bulletproof manner... or, worse yet, have never seen one up close and personal, much less ridden in one or (gasp) driven one!

      Yugo jokes

      Apologetically yours,
      Bill

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic