    Oct 4, 2013 Expand Messages
      I am allowed to do pretty much anything as long as I don't exceed the budget. I was able to get a used header, a 32 DTMRA and an aftermarket camshaft for a bit over $150. I also have a Fiat 1290 to go in the car.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 3, 2013, at 10:01 PM, Art Hughes <pro4art@...> wrote:

      Under your race rules, don't see how you can afford the extra money, and be able to do other things for  more power. Cheap, Install the X1/9 struts and see what you get.
      Or, You could simply cut the Yugo springs 1 coil. If not enough, you will be able to guess how much more. It stiffens the spring. Then lower the rear with spacers for the spring rub bars.
      Are you allowed to replace the carb?

      Art Hughes  Columbus, Ohio  USA

       Visit   http://www.wvaanne.com/   Art's List of Family Connections, WV Rt  87

      From: Robert Coates <mgcarguy@...>
      To: "yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com" <yugounitedgvowners2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:48 PM
      Subject: Re: [YugoUnitedGVOwners] X1/9 struts

      I am not worried about ride comfort too much cause this car is being built for autocross only. I would love to be able afford your coil-overs but the car is going to have be competing in the Grassroots Motorsports $2014 challenge. So money is tight due to the budget. Matt would be able to tell me more about the VW struts?
      Sent from my iPhone

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic