Yugo America info wanted

  • jasonvuic
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2004
      I'm currently conducting research on Yugo America Inc. in hopes of
      writing a book on the Yugo and its short history in the US.

      So far, I've contacted and interviewed a number of people connected
      with the company and with former Yugoslavia in general, but am still
      very interested in speaking with anyone who:

      1) worked for Yugo America from 1984-1991, either in Kragujevac,
      Serbia, or in Montvale or Upper Saddle River, NJ

      2) was an official Yugo dealer in the US (or worked for a Yugo dealer
      in the US) anytime during the period from 1985-1991.

      3) worked for any of the advertising firms that handled the Yugo
      America account

      4) had any personal contact with Yugo America Inc. or its employees.

      I also plan on researching current Yugo owners but will hold off
      working on that particular aspect until I have the majority of Yugo
      America's history researched and written.

      If anyone wishes to contact me, or to put me in touch with someone
      fitting the above criteria, I can be reached at vuic.1@... or at
      the address and phone/fax number below.

      Thank you!
      Jason C. Vuic

      Assistant Director
      Center for Slavic and East European Studies
      Ohio State University
      303 Oxley Hall
      1712 Neil Ave.
      Columbus, OH 43210-1219