Suggestion for news, insert URI

  • jura0011
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2008
      Hello everyone.

      I have a suggestion.
      I do want to search for different topics, but they could share some
      results. It would be good to find out, if i already found them.
      Of course, i could use the URL, but the URL is not alway unique for a
      resource, you could find the same resource at different urls.

      I assume, most news come from RSS or ATOM feeds. Within the atom feed,
      there should be a atom:id element, this is a mandatory field. RSS 2.0
      also has this field (named guid), unfortunately optional.
      In my opinion, News-Items alsways should have a URI, and you should
      try to compute a Id, if it does not exist (tying to mark duplicates
      with the same URI).

      Regards, Rainer