Re: [ysearchboss] Re: Strange Error

  • Vik Singh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10 11:40 PM
      Re: [ysearchboss] Re: Strange Error How are you running the URL? Did you try it in the browser (firefox)?

      -- Vik

      On 7/10/08 11:36 PM, "Ian" <iankel@...> wrote:

      Let me clarify... obviously the app ID in my sample is not my actual
      app ID.

      If you use an incorrect app ID you get an error about the app ID, not
      about the format of the URL.

      Also two dashes (which by the way are part of my real app ID) will
      not cause an invalid URL error.

      --- In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ysearchboss%40yahoogroups.com> , Vik Singh <viksi@...> wrote:

      > It works for me. The only difference between your URL and mine is
      my appid
      > value.
      >
      > http://boss.yahooapis.com/ysearch/web/v1/flowers?
      appid=WzAiMejIkY1NaRgU_UvMh
      > d&format=xml&start=0&count=10
      >
      > * I removed some characters from the appid so this URL won’t work
      but just
      > wanted to show the format of the url
      >

      > Double check your appid and see if the problem still persists. Also
      make
      > sure you don’t have two dashes after the appid value.
      >

      > Thanks
      >

      > On 7/10/08 9:09 PM, "Ian" <iankel@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I'm completely stumped by an error the BOSS api is returning. I've
      > > tried every permutation I can think of, including using example
      URLs