Message from BOSS Team

  • Bill Michels
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2008
      Message from BOSS Team Hi BOSS Community -

      There have been several questions around the BOSS policy for monetization.  We really appreciate that many of you inquired to us directly and hopefully this will help clear things up.

      Our current policy is, while we do not prevent you from implementing a third party monetization method in conjunction with your use of BOSS, we may at any time require you, for example, to implement and display Yahoo!'s Sponsored Search (or similar) advertising offering instead of a third party's. Alternatively, we are considering the option to pay a fee based on your use of the service; in this case, we would anticipate permitting the continued use of monetization methods from third parties.

      Note, because we have not yet worked out all of the details of any future monetization offering, our actual offering may differ from what's described here.  The above is just our current working policy around third party monetization, and is not meant to describe the terms of any particular offering of terms from Yahoo!.  If you have questions or are interested in pursuing more specific terms around monetization with Yahoo!, you can email us at bosscustom@....

      Monetization is an important component of the ecosystem we’re trying to build around BOSS, so please give us your feedback and thoughts.

      Keep up the great work!

      Best,
      Bill