Problems with Placefinder API results

  • avidops
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18 1:22 PM

      We are having trouble with the Placefinder API.  Some requests are returning no results.

      For example, the following request fails:

      http://yboss.yahooapis.com/geo/placefinder?country=Brasil&flags=J&locale=pt_BR&postal=44100000

      However, if the request is changed to use the country code "BR" instead of the country name "Brasil" then the lookup is successful.

      What is the correct usage?

    • search.hosted
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19 5:19 PM
        Hi avidops,I see that you have also reached out to the support form. I will be providing updates via email regarding this PlaceFinder issue.

        Your patience in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you for choosing Yahoo BOSS API.

        Karen
        Yahoo BOSS Team