Yahoo boss api reverse geo coding problem

  • u2opiamobile
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2014

      While using yahoo location api

      http://yboss.yahooapis.com/geo/placefinder?location=lat, long&gFlags=R&flags=J

      We are getting following error many times.-

      {"bossresponse":{"responsecode":"504","reason":"BOSSPlaceFinderProvider timeout"}}

      Please help. What can be the problem.

    • geotracinternational
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17, 2014
        We are seeing a similar error on HTTP504
        Afterseveral retries the request eventually returns an appropriate response.
        Is there a service issue at Yahoo's end as this error code implies?
        Thanks,
        GEOTrac
      • techordrin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2014
          Just posted this same error before I saw this thread. I am experiencing the same issues on code that is very old and unchanged.

          felix
        • techordrin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2014
            Just found the dashboard which shows the problem, I think. US East experiences it, but US West seems to not be experiencing it. Is there any way to send my requests to US West while this is ongoing? It has been days now.

            Status Dashboard - Yahoo! Developer Network

            felix