does boss use Yahoo search results or just users own db?

  • say_hello_james
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2014
      I'm trying to figure out if boss is an api to yahoos own search results. Would this allow me to search yahoos search results based on a keyword search,  interrogate each link, collate the data and then render it in a style of my choosing?

      Thanks for any input.
    • dev_50kft
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2014
        This page is somewhat confusing but does explain it: https://boss.yahoo.com

        If I understand you correctly, it actually does both or either. You can use the Search Box or Boss API to do searches that bring similar results to a Yahoo(Bing) web search. Or you can have it search a single website. There are a lot of overlapping option/features explained above.

        You mention the "users own db" — if you just want to search a local database, I don't really think this is what you need.

        But Boss API does what you describe in the body of your post. http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/

        Keith