boss blogs - no data since 2013

  • signafire
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 2014
      We've noticed that the Yahoo Boss Blogs API is not returning any results new than 12/31/2013 for any of our search terms.  Similarly, http://blog.search.yahoo.com/ isn't showing any new results.  Has Yahoo stopped indexing blogs?
    • signafire
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2014
        Anyone?  Does Yahoo Support even monitor this group?  I've also filed a ticket via the Support form, but no response there either.  Does anyone know of any other ways of getting in touch with Yahoo Support?
      • search.hosted
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 14, 2014
          Hi Signafire,
          We have followed up with you via email on the support form comment. Please let us know if we can provide additional support.
          Thank you.
          Karen
          Yahoo BOSS Team
        • signafire
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 15, 2014
            If anyone else is experiencing the same issue, below is the response I received from Yahoo Support.  Based on our own findings, it appears that in addition to discontinuing the Blogs API service in a few months, they seem to have stopped indexing new blog posts since December 2013.

            At Yahoo, we're constantly reviewing and iterating on our products and experiences. In some cases, it means updating our products. In other cases, after much thought and deliberation, we decide to shut down some products. Yahoo blog search (http://blog.search.yahoo.com) is in process to shut down. If you are using Yahoo blog search via BOSS API, please note that Yahoo blog search will be shut down in June 2014.

          • dev_50kft
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 16, 2014
              Are blog posts still indexed by standard BOSS API web search?

              Blog posts are pretty much just part of the web at this point.

              Keith