Perl interaction with BOSS API is failing after new key/secret updated

  • jeremy_lieberman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2014
      We have recently updated our BOSS API key (and secret). We modified only those two parameters in our code (using Perl's OAuth module. Any ideas what could be causing the issue? Does the nonce need to be updated? Is there something else that needs updating as well?

      thanks in advance
    • jeremy_lieberman
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2014
        Also I would like to add that our old key was initiated-- and in use up to the present time-- when we were linking up with Boss version 1, and that this original key has continued working and is still working today, but that the moment we switched in (replacing) the new key (we recently applied for and got (from yahoo Boss)) our search no longer works. We simply are very confused as to why the old key we have been using for well over a year, works fine, but the new key does not- especially as we have done a straight one for one replacement with secret. We are wondering if somehow there are new scripts we need to use within our server that play nice with Boss version 2 ? Or if this is simply another problem altogether? Does anyone have any ideas why an old Key works fine but a new key does not? thanks, jeremy
      • search.hosted
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2014
          Hi Jeremy,
          Please utilize the Support Form under BOSS Dashboard to reach out to the support team for us to look into this account specific issue.
          Thanks.
          Karen
          Yahoo BOSS Team
        • jeremy_lieberman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2014
            Karen,
            Any word on why we can't replace our old boss key with our new one? Any idea how long this process takes to figure out? thanks, jeremy