503 timeout errors with Placefinder and Placespotter

  • magnetbox77
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2014
      As of last night (2/18) around 7pm ET (NYC) I started getting timeout issues and 503 errors when trying to access Placefinder and Placespotter services. The issue still exists as of 9am ET on 2/19, and the status dashboard (http://developer.yahoo.com/apistatus/) seems to be saying there are no issues across the board. My application ID is yQerxs5. Anyone know what's going on or what to double check on my end, or have an email or phone contact at Yahoo? Thanks -Ben
    • johncapello
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2014
        We're experiencing the same problem
      • johncapello
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2014
          We seemed to have just fixed this problem on our side.  We had been using https for our API calls (the default on geopy).  That scheme had been working for us without any issues for the last few months.  But as of two days ago it started to fail.

          We switched the scheme to http and it's working again.

          Hope that can help anyone who is experiencing a similar problem.

          John