BOSS Search Worked First Time - Now 503 Errors

  • apimetrics
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 12, 2013
      I'm seeing other people had this and didn't get replies which leads to my first question:

      1) Does anybody from Yahoo Support read this group?

      2) We have enabled billing - the test call worked just fine but all calls since are returning a 503 Error "Rate Limit Exceeded" which leads me to ask:
       - Why are we getting this error when the FAQ says unlimited calls per day?
       - Surely this should be a 4XX error NOT a 5XX?
    • José M López-Cepero

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 12, 2013
          Hi ApiMetrics,
          We check the Support group actively.

          Typically, we ask that you wait about an hr before using the key because we require feedback from the payment provider before adding the key to our rate limiting systems. If your key does not work for a long time, then open up a support ticket and we will directly work with you to resolve it.

          And yes, you do get unlimited calls per day.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 12, 2013
              You can see the error codes here http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/boss_api_guide/BOSSv2_APDX.html and 503 is the rate limit error code.

              Thanks,
              BOSS team

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 3, 2013
                      Hi Martin,

                      The 503 error "rate limit exceeded" is a common error and has various factors that could cause it. Usually if you start using the service too soon after sign up the error occurs and there's other causes also.

                      If the issue occurs repeatedly, please use the Support form on BOSS Portal to reach out to us for us to look into it further as APPIDs and additional information will be provided in the form.

                      Thanks.

                      Karen
                      Yahoo BOSS Team
                    • Martin Bilski
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 5, 2013
                        I will as the problem is still there.

                        Best regards,
                        Martin Bilski

                        Criticue lets you quickly get a lot of feedback about your website.