ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com

  • Jeremy Zongker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2013
      I'm new to the BOSS Geo Placefinder API and so I started off running with a daily limit that I thought was reasonable - around $200 / day. While going through my data, queries began failing with "Rate Limit Exceeded." I knew that I hadn't done nearly enough queries to hit the $200 mark so I upped it to $500 thinking that maybe the limit was mislabeled and it was actually just some function of the number of queries that could be run. It took me all the way up to a limit of $1500 to be able to push through my first 23,000 query subset. My calculations say that 23,000 queries should be around $138 - not the $1500 that the Rate Limit seems to indicate. I tried using the API Usage Query to validate what I believed my usage to be but there seems to be a delay in when those results become available (24 hours?) and the date range doesn't work at all which makes me worry that there may be other problems there as well.

      Can someone set my mind at ease and tell me that the Maximum Daily Limit field is completely inaccurate, that the pricing table here is valid, and that all I have to worry about is my count of the number of queries that I have made?

      Please?