Exact phrase

  • Farley BenoĆ®t
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2013
      I've been trying to send an "exact phrase" request that contains 2 words with Yahoo Boss without success, although I followed the instructions found on the Yahoo Boss site. The instruction says I put double quotes before and after the phrase. So my 'q' argument reads like this: q="hello world" and the encoded URL is thus

      http://yboss.yahooapis.com/ysearch/web?q=%22hello+world%22

      This doesn't work. I get the error:

      java.lang.Exception: Yahoo BOSS rejected the credentials. Server response was:
      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><yahoo:error xmlns:yahoo='http://yahooapis.com/v1/base.rng'  xml:lang='en-US'>  <yahoo:description>Please provide valid credentials. OAuth oauth_problem="signature_invalid", realm="yahooapis.com"</yahoo:description></yahoo:error>

      But if my query contains only 1 word, like q="hello", the url is

      url= http://yboss.yahooapis.com/ysearch/web?q=%22hello%22

      and this works.

      So, it's certainly not an invalid credentials issue. What's wrong with my request? What should I do?

      Ben Farley