503 Issues

  • 66f172ee61cdcb3d2f5f42341ec31a4a
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2013
      Hi, I'm using the BOSS image search API.

      I'd thought the description on http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/ meant there were no rate limits - "Search APIs are nothing new, but typically they've included rate limits, strict terms of service regarding the re-ordering, blending, and presentation of results, and provided little or no opportunity for monetization. These constraints have limited the innovation and commercial viability of new search solutions.

      BOSS is different in that it is a set of open API's with as few rules and limitations as possible. Developers and start-ups now have the technology and infrastructure to build enhanced search solutions that can compete head-to-head with the principals in the search industry."

      After very few searches (maybe 20), I'm getting 503 errors that say "Key has exceeded its configured rate limit."  Did I misunderstand the terms, or am I doing something wrong?

      Thanks,

      Ethan