API Rate Limit Exceeded

  • Josh Dennis
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2013
      Still getting the "Rate Limit Exceeded" error.  Tried setting up a new project and can only get 1 call to the API before getting the "Rate Limit Exceeded" error again.

      Has anyone been able to determine the problem?
    • evgheni_svirepov
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2013

        No. Still awaiting reply from support.

        My situation is the same - only one (very first for the day) call to API is successul, after that - Rate Limit Exceeeded.

        ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <josh@...> wrote:

        Still getting the "Rate Limit Exceeded" error.  Tried setting up a new project and can only get 1 call to the API before getting the "Rate Limit Exceeded" error again.

        Has anyone been able to determine the problem?
      • dalesbock

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 15, 2013
              can you post your appID here? need something from you to look in to it.|

              Thanks.

              BOSS Team

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 21, 2013

                Is there a solution? We activated payments but still getting the error after the first query. May it be related to the unverified domain?

                For BOSS Team: our Application ID is ki5AJL74

                ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <paymon_a@...> wrote:

                can you post your appID here? need something from you to look in to it.|

                Thanks.

                BOSS Team

                Anyone managed to solve this issue? Having the same problem.

                ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <dalesbock@...> wrote:

                Been having this problem for close to a week now with no response back on a status.

                ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <evgheny@...> wrote:

                No. Still awaiting reply from support.

                My situation is the same - only one (very first for the day) call to API is successul, after that - Rate Limit Exceeeded.

                ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <josh@...> wrote:

                Still getting the "Rate Limit Exceeded" error.  Tried setting up a new project and can only get 1 call to the API before getting the "Rate Limit Exceeded" error again.

                Has anyone been able to determine the problem?

              • José M López-Cepero
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 21, 2013
                  For the record, I was also pulling my hair the other day because of this problem and I was able to solve it problem by removing the daily billing limit; I can imagine that setting it to any reasonable value would also be enough. Activating billing is only half of the problem - you still have to set a daily limit. By default, the daily limit is active but conveniently left blank, which makes all requests but the first one of each day fail.

                  The setting is, again, conveniently hidden in a difficult to find, unintuitive place. You have to go to the BOSS dashboard (the link is inside your project details), then choose Manage Account (not Manage Billing as you might think) in the "band" above the text. You can change the settings here.

                  That solved the problem for me, and hopefully this can help at least some of you. Other than that, I'm impressed with the speed and quality of BOSS Geo, so there's a silver lining after all :)