RE: API stopped working

  • evgheni_svirepov
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2013

      Hello, I see your site is working now. Could you please share, how did you get it to work?

      I'm just wondering, because my site has stopped working too Saturday, BOSS API returns "Rate Limit Exceeded", possible your problem was the same...

      ---In ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com, <heinrich6m@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      I have a small search engine (www.talimba.com) and am using the yahoo API, all worked fine till a couple of days ago but now I noticed that it is not returning any yahoo results since a couple of days.

      Did anything changed in the API? I did not do any changes and everything worked fine for a year but now suddenly it stopped working.
    • evgheni_svirepov

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 30, 2013
          Hello,

          unfortunately it is not working, what you see is data from an other provider I switched to temporary because I did not want the site to be totally down but as soon as I try to use the yahoo API no results are returned.

          The strange think is I never had any limits on my account, did no changes and never had any problems for the last year till saturday.

          Hope someone from yahoo can help, this is really strange and must be something on yahoos side.
        • rivky.arnstein

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 30, 2013

              I had an old G api key (the old deprecated api one) and am temporary pulling some data from there + I have a cache with some data. The data from the deprecated api only works on and of, is not too good and limited to a certain amount of requests so it is actually not an option only a emergency measure at this moment for me. As that API is deprecated, if you do not have an old key from some years ago you will not be able to access that API (no new api keys are given out for years already).
            • heinrich6m
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 30, 2013
                Hope finally someone from yahoo support can address this issue.

                I mean this is a payed service after all and already not working for days, would be nice to at least know someone is looking into it!!!

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 30, 2013
                  Hi All
                  Thanks for bringing this up. The team is investigating the issues related to sign up.

                  Regards,
                  BOSS Team

                  From: heinrich6m <heinrich6m@...>
                  Date: Monday, September 30, 2013 1:29 PM
                  To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>
                  Subject: [ysearchboss] Re: API stopped working

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 30, 2013
                    Hello Rahul,

                    why related to sign up? My api key is already over a year old so I am not trying to sign up for the service or a new key, the api itself is the problem, it simply stopped returning results.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013

                      Agree with heinrich6m, my API key is not so old, but my search page with this key worked fine for about a week after I signed up and got approved for ADs.

                      But starting from Saturday it just returns the Rate Limit Exceeded  error and nothing more.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013
                        Hello
                        Can you open a request to the Support Form (http://developer.yahoo.com/boss/search/BOSS_Signup.pdf) which will allow us to identify the specific issue with you. Also, did you validate that your payment instrument is current and you have not assigned a rate limit to it?

                        From: heinrich6m <heinrich6m@...>
                        Date: Monday, September 30, 2013 11:17 PM
                        To: "ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com" <ysearchboss@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013
                          Hello Rahul,

                          I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean with "open a request to the Support Form", where do I have to open the request, please give me a link, nothing is clear from the PDF you posted because the pdf only explains how to sign up for boss, I know all that already, I am for over a year with you. And what do you need from me ??

                          I am for over a year with you my account always was fine, I have no rate limit at all and never had, all my payment info is up to date and fine and I payed you thousands of $ during the time I am with you, there was never ever a problem with payment! I also did not change a think so everything on my side is 100% the same like a week ago, a month ago and a year ago and it worked a year ago, a month ago and a week ago but now suddenly stopped (on saturday if I am not wrong).

                          If it helps, my boss account is set up with the email I am using to post here and my application ID is: oDZdW34e.

                          This is definitively a problem on yahoos side and I am not the unique one having it, this needs to be fixed fast, a lot of people here including me are getting economical damage from this and will need to switch to an other API if this is not fixed ASAP!

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013
                            I see people posting themes application IDs in several and getting response stuff confirming that someone will look at themes case.

                            I posted my app ID yesterday already and hope someone is also looking into my case!?

                            Here is my application ID ones again: oDZdW34e

                            Thanks