Error 503 - Rate Limit Exceeded Key has exceeded its configured rate limit

  • abosserelle
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2013
      Dear Yahoo support team,

      I have the feeling the rate is triggered after only 100 geocoding requests are submitted to BOSS per day, which is really low.

      I don't think I put any limit on the number of queries, but anyway in the "Boss Dashboard" - "Manage Account" I noticed the "Turn off Daily Limit" was unchecked, so I checked it.

      Will it be enough to solve the problem ?

      If not, could you indicate why I have this error 503 and how to fix it ?

      My app ID is MieuRv74

      Thank you and best regards,

      Alexandre
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2013
        Hi Alexandre
        Are you still having this problem? Sometimes it takes a bit of time for the key to get cached on all the serving H/W and hence waiting for a bit of time after the key is created helps a lot.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2013

          Dear BOSS Team,

          Thanks for this answer. So far the problem hasn't reproduced.

          But I don't think your explanation ("a bit of time for the key to get cached on all the serving H/W and hence waiting for a bit of time after the key is created helps a lot") is related to my case as the key was created in June 2013... It's very unlikely that it took 3 months to cache the key on all the servers...

          Anyway, I'll monitor this carefully and get back to you in case this error reproduces.

          Thank you and best regards,

          Alexandre